January 25th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wifi problems...please help
Ever since I got my phone one month ago, I've never had wifi issues until yesterday. Until yesterday, I've never changed or tried to "fix" my settings because nothing seems to be broken or wrong. Yesterday, I was watching a video and the video just stopped loading. I went on the internet (using my phone) and there was only a "Page Not Found" page. I shut off my wifi and used my phone's data from my 200mb/mo plan and went on the internet and it worked. Went on the youtube app and finished off that video and it worked. I tried many many many things now...
1. Went to wifi settings, "forgot" my home network and reconnected to it. No luck. My phone only said "scanning > obtaining IP > disconnected > repeat". The wifi Icon was there on top (status bar...where the battery icon is) but reads no wifi signal but on the settings, I had max wifi signal.
2. Reset-ed my phone and tried going online using wifi...still no luck.
3. Turned my phone off left it for about an hour and turned it back on and still no luck...(i know, kinda stupid)
4. Let the battery die, charged it, turned it on, tried, and failed...(more stupid)
5. Backed up all my contacts (ONLY CONTACTS) and did a factory reset. Still failed
6. Tampered with the advanced settings. I turned on the DNLA auto IP and it got an IP and the Wifi Icon at the status bar was maxed! but still doesn't connect to the internet. I turned off DNLA auto IP now...it scares me lol
I tried connecting may different devices on my home network and they all worked but with my phone, it just doesn't connect. What should I do now?
P.S. I'm not a tech savvy kind of a person. So, please understand my obliviousness...