April 16th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
How To Fix MyTouch 4G Slide Screen
This written repair guide will shows the method to quickly and securely open your MyTouch 4G Slide so you can install a replacement LCD screen or touch screen.
This guide is aimed at helping you replace the following MyTouch 4G Slide repair parts:
- HTC MyTouch 4G Slide Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Replacement
- HTC MyTouch 4G Slide LCD Screen Replacement
- And Other HTC MyTouch 4G Slide Repair Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For touch screen repairs)
- Heat Gun / Hairdryer
HTC MyTouch 4G Slide take apart repair guide:
- Remove the back battery cover, the battery, sim card and memory card.
- Next, remove the four (4) T5 Screws and two (2) Small Phillips screws as shown in Figure 1.
- Remove the little plastic housing on the bottom of the phone using safe pry tool. Once done, release the bezel around the sides of the phone using safe pry tool and simply go around all the sides of the phone to release the bezel clips safely.
- Using Small Phillips and T5 Torx Screwdriver, remove the screws as shown in Figure 2 (orange and red color). Once done removing the screws, you can now release the three (3) flex cables along the sides of the phone that are held with adhesive - one being the power cable, the volume flex, and the final one located on the on the lower opposite side. Simply released these from the housing using a safe open pry tool.
- After releasing the 3 cables, release also the remaining one flex cable on the right of the motherboard using a safe pry tool.
- Release the motherboard from the actual phone, go along the sides to release the clips that holds the motherboard in place (be careful not to damage the motherboard). Underneath the motherboard, release and pop off the flex cable for the keyboard which Is under your phone. Separate the motherboard from the front screen assembly.
- Eight (8) small Phillips screws must be release on the back of the keyboard housing. Separate the keyboard from the actual LCD screen once it has been removed (be cautious as the keyboard is still held with the flex cable so you would need to release the flex cable very cautious as it is holding on two sides, there is also an adhesive on the black portion so you would need to pry it very slowly).
- Remove the silver frame around the side of the phone using a safe pry tool. Also remove the two (2) screws. Once the frame has been removed, go ahead and remove the 2 screws at the top and another two (2) screws on the bottom of the back panel.
- The bezel frame from the back of the phone can now be release. Heat the held adhesive using heat gun or hair dryer. Apply medium heat and move quickly around all the edges for about 30-60 seconds.
- At the back of the phone, release the attached digitizer cable and then slowly pulled back the tape and release the jaw connector, pushing it with upward using safe pry tool and pop out the digitizer flex cable.
- You can now run along the pry tool to the sides of the touch screen after heating the front assembly (be very careful not to damage the LCD during the process as it is very delicate piece of equipment). Once done, you can now replace your touch screen or the LCD screen.
Now you will be able to replace any parts on your HTC MyTouch 4G Slide. Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.