April 21st, 2012, 08:56 PM
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
Device(s): Nexus5 - Nexus10
Thanked 840 Times in 417 Posts
My first suggestion would be to restart your phone. My second suggestion would be to check how much available space is on your SD Card and your Device Itself.
If none of those issues seem to be the problem, try this.
- Please open your Settings and touch the Applications area on the menu. Here you will find a list of all installed Applications.
- Touch "Manage Applications"
- Attempt to locate "Market" or "Google Play Store" & open it.
- Touch "Clear Cache", "Clear Data", & "Uninstall Updates" if it's shown.
- Touch your "Home" button on your phone.
- Restart your phone.
- Now open your Market/Google Play from the normal Application tray when the phone loads to the homescreen
What I'm hoping this will do is clear any bugs out of your Market App.
After a short while this should reset the download update for your Market/Google Play. For best results make sure you have an active Wi-Fi connection or a reliable 3G or 4G connection.
I hope this helps. I have had to do this a few times myself to fix Applications from bugging out.
Note that thoughts expressed here are merely my personal opinions and will hopefully "There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance." ~ Hippocrates
"If anyone's head is acting an antenna, seek help or wear tin foil." ~ EarlyMon
share my thoughts on the matter to stimulate a respectful discussion.