Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > T-Mobile Pulse

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 30th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Capacitive or Resistive???

I am very interested in buying the Pulse but I've read reports of the screen being capacitive and other reports saying its resistive. Can someone who owns the phone settle this for me?

Also, with regards to android on the Pulse (on T-Mobile in the UK), to my understanding it runs android 1.5 with no UI on top. Will there be a free upgrade to either 1.6 or 2.0? Is there alerady an upgrade to 1.6? Any information about this will help, thanks.

Advertisements
Karganeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 30th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Carl C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London
Posts: 6,062
 
Device(s): HTC Magic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 74
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
Default

It's capacitive ,

When I asked T-mobile on their live chat they directed me to this page: T-Mobile Pulse - Full phone specifications

Carl C
__________________
Don't worry I have not abandoned you AF, I've just been VERY BUSY
Carl C is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 16
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karganeth View Post
I am very interested in buying the Pulse but I've read reports of the screen being capacitive and other reports saying its resistive. Can someone who owns the phone settle this for me?

Also, with regards to android on the Pulse (on T-Mobile in the UK), to my understanding it runs android 1.5 with no UI on top. Will there be a free upgrade to either 1.6 or 2.0? Is there alerady an upgrade to 1.6? Any information about this will help, thanks.
As Carl said, its capacitive. Finger friendly with no stylus in sight!

Re: the Android version, I can confirm it's 1.5 and as far as I know there is no upgrade available. Will have to wait and see how good Huawei is on this front.
meegaha is offline  
Last edited by meegaha; October 30th, 2009 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 38
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl C View Post
It's capacitive ,

When I asked T-mobile on their live chat they directed me to this page: T-Mobile Pulse - Full phone specifications

Carl C
Those specs aren't accurate. It has a 3.2MP camera, not a 5MP camera. That site can't be trusted!
Karganeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Carl C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London
Posts: 6,062
 
Device(s): HTC Magic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 74
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karganeth View Post
Those specs aren't accurate. It has a 3.2MP camera, not a 5MP camera. That site can't be trusted!
I'm just passing on the link T-mobile gave me

I've reported the Camera spec anyway so hopefully it will get changed shortly
Carl C is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

T-Mobile Pulse
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The T-Mobile Pulse AKA Huawei U8220 branded for use on T-Mobile, was announced on the 3rd September 09 and officially launched on Pay-as-you-go in October of 2009 in the UK. The T-mobile Pulse is an entry level phone with entry level specs . But th... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Phones > T-Mobile Pulse
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.