Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One > (AT&T) One - All Things Root

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default More Clueless Questions

I was only successful at rooting a phone once years ago and haven't needed to do it since. I have only one need to root my One and that's to enable the tethering that AT&T is blocking. I have no desire to change my phone in any other way. If there's a way to tether without rooting, I'd love to hear it, but nothing I've tried so far works. I would even settle for a USB tether. If I take the leap of faith and root, I want to be absolutely sure that tethering will then work. If it doesn't, it would be wasted time and effort. Advice appreciated.

Advertisements
RicKaysen is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 10th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
SaleenFiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 446
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 47
Thanked 92 Times in 72 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
I was only successful at rooting a phone once years ago and haven't needed to do it since. I have only one need to root my One and that's to enable the tethering that AT&T is blocking. I have no desire to change my phone in any other way. If there's a way to tether without rooting, I'd love to hear it, but nothing I've tried so far works. I would even settle for a USB tether. If I take the leap of faith and root, I want to be absolutely sure that tethering will then work. If it doesn't, it would be wasted time and effort. Advice appreciated.

The phone has built in tethering apps that work 100% with ATT out the box and depending on your plan this is 100% free. Otherwise USB tethering works too, stock.
__________________
www.MustangEvolution.com
SaleenFiend is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
The phone has built in tethering apps that work 100% with ATT out the box and depending on your plan this is 100% free. Otherwise USB tethering works too, stock.
Are you talking about the HTC One? Because, I've tried everything to tether this phone without success. The Nexus 5 I bought recently does have tethering capability right out of the box, but not the One that I'm aware of.
RicKaysen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,013
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,890
Thanked 7,226 Times in 4,484 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
Are you talking about the HTC One? Because, I've tried everything to tether this phone without success. The Nexus 5 I bought recently does have tethering capability right out of the box, but not the One that I'm aware of.
call att and ask them,as was said,your plan may just be blocking the tethering. there are apps that work for "illegal" tethering if you are rooted,but i can only tell you that there some out there that work,i cannot help you to find them.

good luck
__________________
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers.
donate to my device fund
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One > (AT&T) One - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.