Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > AT&T

Like Tree8Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #101 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

is there gonna be an Epic 4G-like phone for At&t?? I like the # key row. I have an iPhone and I need a keyboard as I am a texter. I'm interested in the Samsung Galaxy S line and was hoping for a Galaxy S phone with a QWERTY keyboard for At&t.. might you know if one is on the way in the near future?

Thanks marc

Advertisements
01civicuh is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:27 PM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
Jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Motor Droid Bionic, Acer Iconia A501
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
justynreid
Default

The 4g Galaxy S will be 100% touchscreeb like the rest. Rumor has it that an iPhone with a physical keyboard will be announce this summer. Just a rumor though.
Jus10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #103 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
The 4g Galaxy S will be 100% touchscreeb like the rest. Rumor has it that an iPhone with a physical keyboard will be announce this summer. Just a rumor though.
i dont know why you would want the physical keyboard more weight more parts to break. Especially with the screen sizes now 4 4.3 and 4.5 no need anymore
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Motor Droid Bionic, Acer Iconia A501
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
justynreid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
i dont know why you would want the physical keyboard more weight more parts to break. Especially with the screen sizes now 4 4.3 and 4.5 no need anymore
Not me personally, I've been all touchscreen for years now.
Jus10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #105 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
The 4g Galaxy S will be 100% touchscreeb like the rest. Rumor has it that an iPhone with a physical keyboard will be announce this summer. Just a rumor though.

it this rumor comes true, i'll be on that iPhone with the physical keyboard!
01civicuh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #106 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,012
 
Device(s): AT&T White NEXUS S!!!!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 168
Thanked 222 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
Not me personally, I've been all touchscreen for years now.
yea same here i think keyboards are dying out
AndreaCristiano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #107 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
You may be able to qualify for an early upgrade. Call customer care, sometimes there's a bigger upgrade fee involved but if you don't want to wait that would be the way to do it.
Yeah, I can do that, but since they jacked up the upgrade price to $200, you're basically paying retail price for early upgrade.
MdX MaxX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
Jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Motor Droid Bionic, Acer Iconia A501
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
justynreid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdX MaxX View Post
Yeah, I can do that, but since they jacked up the upgrade price to $200, you're basically paying retail price for early upgrade.
Wow, they must have jacked up the early upgrade price too. Did they tell you its $75 or is it higher?
Jus10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I'm pretty sure it used to be $75 and now it's $200. It was in the tech news headlines a while ago. They even jacked up the retail prices of some cheaper phones because the early upgrade price ended up being more than retail price.

Hold on, I just checked the website. It looks like an early upgrade for the iPhone is only $279. But the Atrix just says $499. Should I call and see whether they'll give me an Atrix for $279?
MdX MaxX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #110 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Data plan confusion

Hey Marc (or others in the know), I have seen several different posts around this, but didn't see my question answered clearly.

I just upgraded from an ancient Blackberry Curve to the Inspire 4G (which utterly rocks!). I had unlimited data plan on my BB, and when they switched me they put me on the 2GB plan I went back to the store and worked with a guy who eventually did get me back on my unlimited plan

However, he said that when 4G is rolled out in a few months that if I stay on the unlimited data plan that I won't get the faster speeds unless I switch to one of their standard plans. It sounded fishy to me, because as I understand it the Inspire won't support LTE anyway. So is there some update coming that will make HSDPA+ even faster that I could miss out on?
DamonRipper is offline  
Last edited by DamonRipper; February 25th, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 27th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #111 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
MarcMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area, ca
Posts: 590
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus CDMA, Nexus 7 on the way! Skyrocket, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, Galaxy Tab, Kindle
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 46
Thanked 201 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonRipper View Post
Hey Marc (or others in the know), I have seen several different posts around this, but didn't see my question answered clearly.

I just upgraded from an ancient Blackberry Curve to the Inspire 4G (which utterly rocks!). I had unlimited data plan on my BB, and when they switched me they put me on the 2GB plan I went back to the store and worked with a guy who eventually did get me back on my unlimited plan

However, he said that when 4G is rolled out in a few months that if I stay on the unlimited data plan that I won't get the faster speeds unless I switch to one of their standard plans. It sounded fishy to me, because as I understand it the Inspire won't support LTE anyway. So is there some update coming that will make HSDPA+ even faster that I could miss out on?

sorry for the late reply,

that guy is full of it haha

as long as you are on any 4g plan, you will get the 4g speeds when ever backhaul is increased
__________________
Treo 650 -> Moto Q -> Blackberry storm -> Moto Droid -> Iphone 3gs -> HTC Aria -> Samsung Captivate->HTC Surround->Dell Streak-> HTC Inspire 4g & Atrix 4g->Nexus s->SGSII->Droid Bionic->Galaxy Nexus
MarcMaiden is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcMaiden For This Useful Post:
iron mongoose (June 3rd, 2011)
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #112 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): htc aria, capticate, htc inspire
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
chgachet1@gmail.com
Default

I just did an early upgrade and all I paid was $75.00 for the htc inspire, I could have gotten the Atrix, but I wanted the bigger screen. Anyway, my upgrade was not to happen until 7-11-11, but I called ATT, AND ASKED FOR EARLY CANCELLLATION, right away they got me to someone to help me out with my cancellation, as you can see, I did not cancel, but got my wish phone for just $75.00...by the way the salesperson did offer me the Atrix for 150.00

Try this, might work...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdX MaxX View Post
I'm pretty sure it used to be $75 and now it's $200. It was in the tech news headlines a while ago. They even jacked up the retail prices of some cheaper phones because the early upgrade price ended up being more than retail price.

Hold on, I just checked the website. It looks like an early upgrade for the iPhone is only $279. But the Atrix just says $499. Should I call and see whether they'll give me an Atrix for $279?
chgachet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM   #113 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Marc, I paid my bills online, however, i recently switched to verizon and took my AT&T phone number with me. I thought I could just pay my ETF online, but I can't log in anymore because my phone number is now on verizon. So, should I expect my ETF to come in the mail?
DarthBane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 152
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

What is the difference between the 2GB date plan for $25 a month, and the 2GB HSPA+/4G data plan for $25 a month?

From what I can tell is the HSPA+/ 4G charges $15 for ever 200mb over, and the older plan charges $10 for every 1GB over.

looks to me like the olderplan would be better. Is the new plan require for Inspire,Infuse, or Atrix?

Also, I am coming from a Captivate with the 3G labeled sim card, I have been told by some ATT reps that a new sim will be required for for Inspire,Infure,Atrix. Other have stated that my current card will be fine, and still allow me to get the HSPA+ speed.
ScuroRaven is offline  
Last edited by ScuroRaven; March 4th, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #115 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chgachet View Post
I just did an early upgrade and all I paid was $75.00 for the htc inspire, I could have gotten the Atrix, but I wanted the bigger screen. Anyway, my upgrade was not to happen until 7-11-11, but I called ATT, AND ASKED FOR EARLY CANCELLLATION, right away they got me to someone to help me out with my cancellation, as you can see, I did not cancel, but got my wish phone for just $75.00...by the way the salesperson did offer me the Atrix for 150.00

Try this, might work...
I have an idea. I was using an iPhone 3g, but it broke, so now I'm using an Impression until my contract is up. My mom hasn't canceled the iPhone data plan yet. If she calls to try to cancel it, will they try to convince her to upgrade my line instead?
MdX MaxX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
RigelX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 129
 
Device(s): HTC One X+
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 21
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Default

If I order a phone from an online store(Amazon, Costco, etc.) will they activate it before shipping?
If so, will my current phone become unusable before the new one arrives?
RigelX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Redstone Arsenal, AL
Posts: 377
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate (dead), HTC Thunderbolt (dead), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 84
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Buddha64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigelX View Post
If I order a phone from an online store(Amazon, Costco, etc.) will they activate it before shipping?
If so, will my current phone become unusable before the new one arrives?
I got my Captivate from Sam's. They added the IMEI # of the phone to my existing AT&T account (and, of course, slapped me with a 2 year contract). So when I stuck my SIM in the phone it worked immediately. Can't speak for Amazon, but I'm sure the kiosk in Costco works like the one in Sam's.

The phone is at Samsung (hopefully) getting the GPS repaired, so I took the SIM out and stuck it in my old Motorola K1. It works as if it was never stuck in a drawer for 8 months.
Buddha64 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #118 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,626
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,464
Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,249 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigelX View Post
If I order a phone from an online store(Amazon, Costco, etc.) will they activate it before shipping?
If so, will my current phone become unusable before the new one arrives?


Amazon Wireless is basically the same. When they contact AT&T of your purchase and plan options, AT&T will assign a number that the new phone will have
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
RigelX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Alabama
Posts: 129
 
Device(s): HTC One X+
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 21
Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
Amazon Wireless is basically the same. When they contact AT&T of your purchase and plan options, AT&T will assign a number that the new phone will have
What if I want to keep my old number? I'm only upgrading my service, not changing carriers.
RigelX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Redstone Arsenal, AL
Posts: 377
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate (dead), HTC Thunderbolt (dead), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 84
Thanked 49 Times in 37 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Buddha64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigelX View Post
What if I want to keep my old number? I'm only upgrading my service, not changing carriers.
That's what I said... nothing changed in that respect. I kept my SIM - ergo my phone number and all my contacts which I saved to the SIM. All that changed was the data plan, and the contract extension.
Buddha64 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 15th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #121 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,626
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,464
Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,249 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigelX View Post
What if I want to keep my old number? I'm only upgrading my service, not changing carriers.
Yep, as long as you select the option online to upgrade an existing line.
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #122 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HustlinDaily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 1,141
 
Device(s): Motorola Atrix 4G (CM10) & Acer Liquid A1 (LiquidNext 1.9.2 (CM7 ROM))
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 68
Thanked 105 Times in 90 Posts
acurrimbhoy@gmail.com
Default

After seeing these LTE speeds on Verizon, I feel like a genius for not settling with an HSPA+ device (despite how amazing the Inspire looks. Fact it, all current AT&T devices will be outdated within a few months).

My question is, WHEN IS LTE COMING?
HustlinDaily is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #123 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,626
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,464
Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,249 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinDaily View Post
After seeing these LTE speeds on Verizon, I feel like a genius for not settling with an HSPA+ device (despite how amazing the Inspire looks. Fact it, all current AT&T devices will be outdated within a few months).

My question is, WHEN IS LTE COMING?
Hey HustlinDaily. im aboug to hustle on the sw frwy to the Galleria myself for the day. Then it the weekend!

ATT's working on LTE too which means when done, its phones will outdate others. Just a merry go round with these phone companies. Check out Click2Hou web site. A current article about are we "really" getting what they say we are (cellular)
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #124 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): Nexus S on AT&T
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Marc -- I've been an unlimited data customer with AT&T for 3-4 years using a BB with the enterprise plan (I was linked up to my work account). I just purchased the Samsung Nexus S this past week and am using my current SIM card. I've had no problems with my service. My question is: Do I need to notify AT&T about this switch? My only concern is AT&T doesn't offer/support the Nexus S and I'm wondering if I notify them about my change to an unsupported device, whether I will still be able to be grandfathered in. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I also PM'd you this question. Thought I'd post it to this thread as I'm anxious to get a quick response. Thanks.
riprydah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #125 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,626
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,464
Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,249 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by riprydah View Post
Marc -- I've been an unlimited data customer with AT&T for 3-4 years using a BB with the enterprise plan (I was linked up to my work account). I just purchased the Samsung Nexus S this past week and am using my current SIM card. I've had no problems with my service. My question is: Do I need to notify AT&T about this switch? My only concern is AT&T doesn't offer/support the Nexus S and I'm wondering if I notify them about my change to an unsupported device, whether I will still be able to be grandfathered in. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I also PM'd you this question. Thought I'd post it to this thread as I'm anxious to get a quick response. Thanks.
Not sure if my plan is similar to your enterprise plan. I hwve the grandfathered unlimited plan since 2007. Recently got the Dell Streak from dell.com and called att to have my imei updated so my sim and number as well as unlimited call and unlimitd data transferred to the streak from my old htc tilt2 (which is now a backup phone)..
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
zizo79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 251
 
Device(s): ATrix 4G iPhone 4 32GB
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 29 Times in 16 Posts
Default

This one is for AT&T employees, did you guys get any memo about an HSUPA update for the Atrix/Inspire 4G? We keep hearing from the CSRs at AT&T's FB page, that it is coming this month but they can't give us a date..Thanks a lot
__________________

zizo79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
Kuhns787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 272
 
Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 44
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

My question is AT&T said at CES that they will have 12 Android phones out this year but I am unable to find a list of what they will be. Besides the Atrix, Inspire, Infuse and Thrill what other ones are expected to be released?
Kuhns787 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 08:43 AM   #128 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate i896 Rogers
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jogi View Post
are we going to have to get new sim cards when we get the inspire?
just wanna let ya know that if you want to use LTE then you may need to change your SIM(at no charge at AT&T COR store)

SIM profiles 21-24 support 3G, SIM profile 25 supports LTE. To check your SIM profile check 9th and 10th digits on your SIM.

ex: 8901410421**********
vestal1975 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM   #129 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): Samsung Captivate i896 Rogers
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinDaily View Post

My question is, WHEN IS LTE COMING?
AT&T will have LTE up in three markets in Texas, as well as Chicago and Atlanta. Probably in the later part of July.
vestal1975 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #130 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestal1975 View Post
just wanna let ya know that if you want to use LTE then you may need to change your SIM(at no charge at AT&T COR store)
And if you do that while using an Atrix it will lock your phone and you will have to do a "restore to factory settings" loosing all you settings, texts, history, pictures, address book...... The problem is that the phone will not let you log into motoblur after you change sim cards.

But the folks at the AT&T COR store will have no clue why you can no longer log into blurr and will keep telling you that you are entering the wrong password. Eventually, they will call the Motorola tech support, who will escalate to their Tier 2 support who will tell you that you have to do the "restore to factory setting" and walk you through it.

When you complain about loosing everything, they will tell you that it is your fault because you should have thought of that before choosing to change the SIM card. They will blame AT&T for not warning you.

After all of this, I have no idea if it actually made the downloads any faster because I returned the Atrix on the spot. I will carry a car battery in a backpack to keep a HTC charged before I would consider buying another Motorola product or deal with motoblurr again. Good riddance.

What I do know is that I am seeing higher speeds on the HTC Inspire than I ever saw on the Atrix, so the information about changing sim cards does appear to be correct.

Keep this in mind before you switch sim cards.
55pilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 24th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
Kuhns787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 272
 
Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 44
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

So I have called and complained several times about poor service in my area after purchasing a Inspire. Well I got fed up and went back to my BlackBerry and then thought to myself why did they sell me a phone that will not work in my area so I called and spent 40 minutes talking to someone in cancellations. He admitted they should have told me when I purchased the phone it would not work well in my area. I am really wanting to switch to Verizon because they have better service here. The guy told me there was nothing he could do but when I get the bill for the early cancellation fee I would have to take it up with receivables. He also said he sees where I have complained several times. I let him know that now my blackberry is not doing much better for service I am constantly dropping calls and loosing service when I travel up and down I5. My question is do I have grounds to get out of my contract without paying the ETF? I am a little nervous about switching because I would be paying about $400 if they try to stick it to me.
Kuhns787 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #132 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhns787 View Post
So I have called and complained several times about poor service in my area after purchasing a Inspire.
The 30 day test period is for you to evaluate the phone/service and cancel if you are unhappy. Once you get past 30 days, you are basically accepting that the service is acceptable to you.

If you were canceling at 31 or 32 days, you might be able to get away with it. I have seen it being done at 31 days. But if you let it slide, I do not think you will have much of a case.

You can try fighting with collections about the cancellation fee. They may give you a small break. But otherwise you are most most probably going to see a negative mark on your credit report.
55pilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
Kuhns787's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 272
 
Device(s): LG G3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 44
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55pilot View Post
The 30 day test period is for you to evaluate the phone/service and cancel if you are unhappy. Once you get past 30 days, you are basically accepting that the service is acceptable to you.

If you were canceling at 31 or 32 days, you might be able to get away with it. I have seen it being done at 31 days. But if you let it slide, I do not think you will have much of a case.

You can try fighting with collections about the cancellation fee. They may give you a small break. But otherwise you are most most probably going to see a negative mark on your credit report.
I purchased the phone off contract. It does not seem to matter now what phone I use in this area I drop calls all the time no matter where I am and two hours away at my parents house I get little or no service. We live in a small town and service here is only good with Verizon. With that said someone told me if I complain more then three times there is a Lemon law and they have to let me out of contract. Is this true?
Kuhns787 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #134 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

any news when will the samsung attain be out?
fevfive is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 104
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

The original post confused me. I have a friend that works for AT&T who I was talking to. I had an upgrade last November where I took the Pantech Laser. I didn't want to pay the extra money every month for a smartphone because all that was out at that point were the windows phones, the iphone, and the blackberry torch really and I didn't like any of them. Anyways I talked to my friend about it and he said I could get an early upgrade since I'm over 6 months into my contract so I can get any phone I want but I have to add $100 to the 2 year commitment cost of a phone so I've been looking at the Attain clearly and I want the damn thing to come out but if it came out for $199.99 I would pay $299.99 for it and would have to upgrade my data plan since my $10 a month data plan on my Laser isn't for smartphones (gay). But according to your post I am not available for an upgrade anytime soon at all and I have to pay $200 not $100 extra for the phone. My friend looked at my account before giving me all this info as well. So which is right exactly?
Attain???????? is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
John Redcorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 439
 
Device(s): ATT SGS3 CM10
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 79 Times in 69 Posts
Default

How can I get an android with unlimited data in sept or oct for my wife? GSM iphone trick? Canadian android trick?

sept or oct last year I had a blackjack 2 with smartphone unlimited My wife used to have service with another carrier but I added her to my plan and she got a subsidized samsung mythic with unlimited dumbphone data $10/mo.

A few months later I got my inspire and kept my smartphone unlimited.

I see that it looks like they've made my wife the primary line and she's already up for an upgrade in sep or oct 2011. She wants an inspire like mine or something better they have then.

Few weeks ago she dropped that samsung mythic pos into the pool and killed it. (no ins.) Put her sim in my old unused blackjack II and she started using it. Next day we get texts from ATT saying they've changed her to a smartphone data plan. (2gb $25/mo) this is whaht I expected to happen.

I keep seeing things on the internet (some really old postings) about buying an original gsm iphone from ebay or cl and you can activate it with unlimited data then keep that unlimited data on an actual smartphone. (like a subsidized inspire, attain or inspire 3d [i hope]) But I also see people saying this doesn't work. But I just saw someone on another board today saying it does. Does it?


Or I've also seen people say get an iphone 4 (or 5) subsidized, sell it on ebay. Change the line to a dumbphone with unlimited data (I have several) then buy an android off ebay that was from either 1 or 2 canadian carriers that have the same bands as ATT. ATT wont know the imei of this phone, wont realize its a smartphone and you can continue on with unlimited dumbphone data and maybe have come out cash+ from the sale of the iphone 4/5?? But this also comes with the downsides of no way for insurance on the canadian phone, possibly no wtty and nothing really in black and white saying you can keep unlimited data like I hear you get with the gsm iphone trick.
John Redcorn is offline  
Last edited by John Redcorn; July 16th, 2011 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #137 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Best ATT Smartphone

I am thinking of an ATT Android or Iphone. I am currently using an ATT Blackberry, I hate the phone but like to be able to customize ringers and vibrating for each of my email accounts. I also use my Blackberry email account alot and think once I switch I will loose that account unless maybe I start forwarding them now. In any case what Smartphone on ATT do you all recommend and why? Which OS uses less Data?
sfd4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
Jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Motor Droid Bionic, Acer Iconia A501
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
justynreid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd4 View Post
I am thinking of an ATT Android or Iphone. I am currently using an ATT Blackberry, I hate the phone but like to be able to customize ringers and vibrating for each of my email accounts. I also use my Blackberry email account alot and think once I switch I will loose that account unless maybe I start forwarding them now. In any case what Smartphone on ATT do you all recommend and why? Which OS uses less Data?
Coincidentally the Blackberry uses the much less data because its all compressed before it reaches the device. I recommend Android if you want the customization aspect thy yahoo Blackberry has then that's what you want. If you're running Froyo or Gingerbread, or get the iPhone 4, either of them wil keep apps from running in the background, apparenlty extending your battery life better than ios3 and Eclair. But iPhone will not have as much customization as Android and you can put free ringtones and text tones on Android, Apple keeps finding ways to keep you from doing this so that you would have to pay for such things. The trade off for customizing with Android is that the iPhone does have longer lasting battery life.

I recommend any of the 4G phones At&t uses. You'll get fast data, better customization, wont have to pay for ringtones, and us Opera Mini as a browser which compresses you data more than the stock browsers.
Jus10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
Jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Motor Droid Bionic, Acer Iconia A501
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
justynreid
Default

OK, normally I know my stuff but with some of the more upgraded things, I still have some stuff to learn... so Marc or anyone who works Care, I just bought the Samsung Infuse and popped my SIM into it expecting full access, but I can only call or text. No internet. Confirmed I don't need a new SIM. Care and the store both told me that I need my Smartphone Unlimited Data plan to be updated for a 4G phone.

I have ERP so I can only do this from the ERP site which I currently cannot acccess (due to my employment status.) I'm afraid what they mean by update to a 4G data plan means I have to take DataPro and lose my Unlimited Smartphone Data. I'd rather not do that, and I won't have access to the site for another few days. The thought is eating my brain alive, can anyone confirm that I'll keep my unlimited data for the same price please?

Tried logging in to my account and that's no help either. thanks in advance.
Jus10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:34 PM   #140 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
MarcMaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area, ca
Posts: 590
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus CDMA, Nexus 7 on the way! Skyrocket, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, Galaxy Tab, Kindle
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 46
Thanked 201 Times in 91 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
OK, normally I know my stuff but with some of the more upgraded things, I still have some stuff to learn... so Marc or anyone who works Care, I just bought the Samsung Infuse and popped my SIM into it expecting full access, but I can only call or text. No internet. Confirmed I don't need a new SIM. Care and the store both told me that I need my Smartphone Unlimited Data plan to be updated for a 4G phone.

I have ERP so I can only do this from the ERP site which I currently cannot acccess (due to my employment status.) I'm afraid what they mean by update to a 4G data plan means I have to take DataPro and lose my Unlimited Smartphone Data. I'd rather not do that, and I won't have access to the site for another few days. The thought is eating my brain alive, can anyone confirm that I'll keep my unlimited data for the same price please?

Tried logging in to my account and that's no help either. thanks in advance.
I dont work for AT&T anymore, but I came here to save your unlimited data.
I remember some 4g phones I sold did not like the stock APN so we have to change that.

go to: settings->wireless networks->mobile networks-> APN (access point names) -> hit menu, add/new apn-> under name just type "att" and under apn just type "wap.cingular"-> hit the menu button and press save, should return you to the APN list. make sure the new APN is selected, wait 30 seconds or so and you should have Data.

Hope that helps.
MarcMaiden is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 2nd, 2011, 07:45 PM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
Jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 146
 
Device(s): Motor Droid Bionic, Acer Iconia A501
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
justynreid
Default

Holy shitake mushrooms!!! Marc I love you!!! It's been a brick since Saturday!
Jus10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:44 AM   #142 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My friend has an At&t phone and she is wondering if she replies to the advertisement (you know where it says STOP somewhere in the message) two things 1.if she replies back will she get billed or 2.if she ignores the advertisement text....will she eventually get more advertisement from that site unless she replies back and say STOP
andrp22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 01:24 PM   #143 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rico ANDROID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: In Cell Phone SIMetery
Posts: 3,626
 
Device(s): GALAXY NOTE 2 .(aka T.E.D.6)....ROOTED!
Carrier: A Bentley Carries Me

Thanks: 4,464
Thanked 1,684 Times in 1,249 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrp22 View Post
My friend has an At&t phone and she is wondering if she replies to the advertisement (you know where it says STOP somewhere in the message) two things 1.if she replies back will she get billed or 2.if she ignores the advertisement text....will she eventually get more advertisement from that site unless she replies back and say STOP
Andrp:
unfortunately, if she responds to stop or not, some source has gotten her tagged. There was a recent news report about this spam where , either way , she maysee a monthly recurring $10 charge... Best that she call att today and alert them of the text and place a block on her phone where spammers dont know her code
Rico ANDROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:25 AM   #144 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

does any one know if the program( DC-unlocker) trusted or not
(its for unlocking huawei phones )
Unlock phone, modem or data card with DC-unlocker software
Abe6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:47 AM   #145 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mcbtrain929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ChiTown
Posts: 918
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 107
Thanked 137 Times in 67 Posts
Default

question:

i'm a new customer and am curious about something. i get a 15% discount every month because of my job. my plan is 39.99 for mins, $30 for data, and $20 for text. does the 15% get applied to all of the above, or only the 39.99 portion?

thanks in advance!
__________________
Tapatalk THIS!
mcbtrain929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM   #146 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default Roaming

I am new to AT&T coming over from Sprint. I use my phone in northern Wisconsin just about every weekend. When I am up there I would have thought that I would switch to roaming but instead I go down to about 2 bars and my 4G data signal will switch to Edge.

When it switches to Edge am I still on the AT&T network or is that my signal that I am roaming?

I have an Atrix HD phone.
krlseidl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:24 AM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): ATT S4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbtrain929 View Post
question:

i'm a new customer and am curious about something. i get a 15% discount every month because of my job. my plan is 39.99 for mins, $30 for data, and $20 for text. does the 15% get applied to all of the above, or only the 39.99 portion?

thanks in advance!
I'm assuming you found the answer to your question by now...but the discount is only on the 39.99.
motoracer1486 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:25 AM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): ATT S4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krlseidl View Post
I am new to AT&T coming over from Sprint. I use my phone in northern Wisconsin just about every weekend. When I am up there I would have thought that I would switch to roaming but instead I go down to about 2 bars and my 4G data signal will switch to Edge.

When it switches to Edge am I still on the AT&T network or is that my signal that I am roaming?

I have an Atrix HD phone.
Edge is still on the AT&T network - it's just the very slow one...If it doesn't say roaming, you're on the AT&T network.

Edge<3G<4G<4gLTE
motoracer1486 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:41 AM   #149 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 34
 
Device(s): LG Connect 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcMaiden View Post
sorry for the late reply,

that guy is full of it haha

as long as you are on any 4g plan, you will get the 4g speeds when ever backhaul is increased
HSDPA+ 4g, Not LTE 4G...

The plan would have to be changed for LTE4G devices.

Just FYI for anyone else that might read this.
LouCash is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LouCash For This Useful Post:
mrnyjet (March 18th, 2013)
Old September 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #150 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi, I have a $10 per month unlimited data for non smart phone plan on at&t. Using an older Nokia phone and use roughly 300mb of data per month. Think of getting a G5 I5500 unlocked phone. Will at&t detect it ? Will they change my data plan ? thoughts ??

thanks
tex1017 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > AT&T
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.