Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Applications > Tasker

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree15Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 10th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #51 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

wierd...

Advertisements
Fuzie is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #52 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): S III - Stock 4.1.1 FW
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

does your phone need to be rooted for this to work? im on an s3 and have followed this guide but it is not working.

if i run it from the Tasker task edit window it will run but it will not work if i put in 2 incorrect patterns.
phonephreak32 is offline  
Last edited by phonephreak32; January 9th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #53 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default

Not on my phone it doesn't. Have you got "failed logon attempts" enabled in secure settings as a condition?
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #54 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): S III - Stock 4.1.1 FW
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

yes it says "secure settings failed logon attempts - max: 2"
phonephreak32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): S III - Stock 4.1.1 FW
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

it is enabled within the secure settings app as well.

are there any other settings i need to have enabled?
phonephreak32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
silentwitness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bombay India
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,013
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s5 G900F and Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4
Carrier: Vodafone India

Thanks: 292
Thanked 272 Times in 230 Posts
Default

keep in mind it only works for pattern unlock and not for pin.
__________________
Running NeatRom 2.2 for G900F
If i helped you please click the thanks button
silentwitness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #57 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): S III - Stock 4.1.1 FW
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

i am using pattern unlock
phonephreak32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 02:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
silentwitness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bombay India
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,013
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s5 G900F and Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4
Carrier: Vodafone India

Thanks: 292
Thanked 272 Times in 230 Posts
Default

ok now this profile is not working on my phone also. When in enter the pattern wrong i can see the SL4a showing up in the top bar it starts and ends and i get an picture in my tasker folder but the email portion of this does not work. I dont get any email with the picture. This was working when i had setup the task( have not used the task cause i was using a pin lock not pattern). I have checked and the username and password and email address are all correct. I tried running the task manually also the camera comes on takes a pic but i dont get an email with the pic. Any ideas?
silentwitness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:56 PM   #59 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default

One of the variables must be wrong? OR you need to uninstall SL4a and reinstall it and then re install Python. I've had to do that before.
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SUroot For This Useful Post:
silentwitness (January 24th, 2013)
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:04 PM   #60 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Outstanding.
I already had sl4a and python on my phone.

Didn't know you could send email with that, but apparently someone spent a lot of time on that python script.

Tried this out and got it working in about 30 minutes.
Two small hitches along the way:
1 - it only works if your using a gmail account to send (yahoo doesn't work). I figured this out by looking inside the Python script file.
2 - The photo action caused problems with parameters supplied (for example can't get that particular resolution on my camera). Just had to delete the take photo action and recreate it.

Might not work with gmail 2-step verification that I have on my main account. I used another gmail without 2-step verification that I rarely use... just set it up to give to salesmen etc to avoid spam on my main account.

There are some enhancements I'm gonna add. Turn on data (in case it wan't on.. mine often isn't) and wait a few seconds before emailing. Then turn on gps, wait for fix and send another email with location.

All very minor comments. A great roadmap. Thanks for taking the time to lay it out in good detail. It'll give me some peace of mind knowing I'll have a fighting change if my phone ever gets stolen.
electricpete is offline  
Last edited by electricpete; January 23rd, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 24th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #61 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
silentwitness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bombay India
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,013
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s5 G900F and Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4
Carrier: Vodafone India

Thanks: 292
Thanked 272 Times in 230 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
One of the variables must be wrong? OR you need to uninstall SL4a and reinstall it and then re install Python. I've had to do that before.
thanks it worked
SUroot likes this.
silentwitness is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #62 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): S III - Stock 4.1.1 FW
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

how come everyones works but mine. this sucks.
phonephreak32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #63 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonephreak32 View Post
does your phone need to be rooted for this to work? im on an s3 and have followed this guide but it is not working.

if i run it from the Tasker task edit window it will run but it will not work if i put in 2 incorrect patterns.
Sounds like Secure Settings condition is not even working to initiate the profile
Two thoughts
1 - Confirm the profile is not firing (rather than getting hung up after firing). Either check run log, or put an Alert/popup first thing in your task to see if it activates.

2 - Assuming the problem is with the secure settings condition, check the setup of secure settings. Settings / Location and Security / Device Administators.. mine has both Secure Settings and Tasker.... I think those are required. Also settings / accessibility / tasker... at least that's the way mine is set up.
electricpete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #64 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): S III - Stock 4.1.1 FW
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

i have all the settings checked. i tired to run it with a popup and it still didnt work.
phonephreak32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #65 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default Re: [Profile] [front Camera] Photo/email image of device intruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonephreak32 View Post
i have all the settings checked. i tired to run it with a popup and it still didnt work.
Popup what? It doesn't matter what the task is because you know the task works. It's the context that's the problem.
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #66 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 58
 
Device(s): S III - Stock 4.1.1 FW
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

yes i know. i used the context of input pattern incorrect 2 times and it will display a popup. i did this to see if the context is working. but i didnt receive any popup. so its telling me that it is a secure settings issue but i have all the admin rights allowed for it and tasker.
phonephreak32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #67 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default

It may be that you need to speak to one of the devs for those apps.
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #68 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
Popup what? It doesn't matter what the task is because you know the task works. It's the context that's the problem.
As I said, the purpose of suggesting the popup was to "confirm the profile is not firing".

In other words, it's something we already believe to be the case, but just wanted to double check to make we weren't missing something (it could have been that the camera or email action was intermittently failing and didn't have "continue on error" checked... ruled out now).
electricpete is offline  
Last edited by electricpete; January 25th, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #69 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default Re: [Profile] [front Camera] Photo/email image of device intruder

We already knew it was the context because the task works. It was already confirmed earlier in the thread
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #70 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

I guess you'll be surprised to find out that I knew from the beginning that the task executed ok when run directly. It's the reason I used the word "confirm" in my first post. And it's the reason I used the word "intermittent" in my response to you. There is no logical reason for me to use those words if I didn't know that history.

Let me explain a little further. My email action fails intermittently (that means some times, but not every time). I think it is due to internet connection (on occasion I'll get failure to connect to internet in many different applications even when wifi shows connected... retry and it works fine the 2nd time).

It would truly have been a waste of time to spend significant time troubleshooting secure settings if the explanation was something as simple as intermittent failure of an email action (or for that matter any other action within the task which fails intermittently... camera is another one I would have reservations about).

So personally, I thought it was worth spending 15 extra seconds of time to confirm our conclusions by putting the simplest possible action (popup) at the beginning of the task before we proceed to the next phase of our troubleshooting. Or instead, we could spend our time on multiple posts saying why we don't think others' suggestions are worthwhile. Different people have different views on what constitutes a productive use of time ;-)
electricpete is offline  
Last edited by electricpete; January 26th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #71 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default Re: [Profile] [front Camera] Photo/email image of device intruder

Indeed. The logical, methodical IT specialist in me who wrote the profile would have used the knowledge that the python scripts execution is 100% transparent, regardless of internet connectivity or even if all variables were missing.

But sure, if you think I'm too stupid and overlooked that fact and feel the need to re confirm everything, I've got another 20,000 posts for you to look through.

Thanks babe

Anyway, guess that's the end of that. Lost interest in this discussion. Its a waste of my time
SUroot is offline  
Last edited by SUroot; January 26th, 2013 at 09:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Indeed. The logical, methodical IT specialist in me who wrote the profile would have used the knowledge that the python scripts execution is 100% transparent, regardless of internet connectivity or even if all variables were missing.
Aside from pounding your chest, it doesn’t really seem to support your point.
On the contrary, it suggests you should be able to follow the simple logic that I spelled out.

So let me spell it out again.
The action fails if internet connection is not present.
The action fails intermittently if the internet connection is intermittent.
Nothing is proven until you check.
Hence my suggestion.

If the popup did work, we know it's not secure settings.
If the popup did not work, we know it’s secure settings problem, regardless of the connection.

Yet somehow with your vast logical, methodical IT specialist understanding, you chose to argue with this simple recommendation even AFTER it was already completed. And you kept arguing every time I explained it. And you’re the one complaining about a waste of time?

Unbelievable. It takes all kinds. See ya.
electricpete is offline  
Last edited by electricpete; January 26th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #73 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default Re: [Profile] [front Camera] Photo/email image of device intruder

Phonefreak, as already suggested - we need to understand why the context is not working. If you're certain all the settings are correct, it needs presenting to the dev.
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #74 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

As far as your prior attack on my suggestion to try a popup, it remains a mystery to me why you continued arguing that point. I have still not heard the slightest hint of reversal or apology for that attack. From your latest response I can only conclude that's the way you'd prefer to leave it. The curious reader is left to decide for themselves among two alternative explanations:
A - you still think your attack was valid
OR
B - you eventually recognized the basis for my recommendation, but were too proud to backtrack on your attack

Fair enough.... it does not seem a difficult decision at all to me.

Quote:
Phonefreak, as already suggested - we need to understand why the context is not working. If you're certain all the settings are correct, it needs presenting to the dev.
Agreed.
electricpete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #75 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default Re: [Profile] [front Camera] Photo/email image of device intruder

Actually I couldnt be bothered to indulge you in your pointless conversation. You annoyed me quite early on but to satisfy the other readers of this thread, I will certainly offer one final comment on this matter, although I had previously decided to rise above it. Then from this post on, I will consider anything else you say with the content I feel you deserve.

So to everyone else, I replied to phonefreak asking what popup be was refering to admittedly completely missing anything posted by the member above. I also stated to phonefreak that we knew the task worked and we did not need to further confirm this above and beyond the confirmation we already had. I didn't know it was a suggestion from someone else. I thought it was phonefreaks idea and I wanted to assure him he did not need to do that as he already has his confirmation

Anyway, this guy puts forward an argument of "logic and reason" in a condescending manner. There was no need to be condescending but that is no matter. What really annoyed me was his condescending approach whilst ignoring the very fact that an argument of logic and reason only stands when supported by knowledge and fact which is unfortunately where this member's post fell down.

So now he engages me in yet another pointless argument to try to prove what? Who knows? Who cares? As a top poster here, creating guides, tips and Support, it's not uncommon that I get attacked by people trying to prove they know more or that I know less, so I can only assume that is the case here. Even if that is the case, I am not interested to be honest.

But I digress... the final comment on the matter that I mentioned earlier that I would give....

Phonefreak knows the task runs with a manual trigger. If the task runs, it can only be the context (trigger) that is failing. The task runs regardless of internet connectivity as incorrectly pointed out earlier. Sure, an email might not arrive but that is not an indication of trigger failure. We can quite clearly see sl4a running the script.

The moment we see "sendemailA.py started", we know the task is running. The python script starts regardless of network connectivity. It runs in airplane mode, which you can all feel free to test. So if the secure settings context is met and the task doesn't run, we KNOW the context isn't working because the sl4a status is not presented to the user. Nothing other than the context failing, could cause a proven working task to not work.

This is my final word on the matter. I hope we can keep this on topic from now on.

Apology? No. Reversal? No.
SUroot is offline  
Last edited by SUroot; January 27th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #76 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
Actually I couldnt be bothered to indulge you in your pointless conversation. You annoyed me quite early on but to satisfy the other readers of this thread, I will certainly offer one final comment on this matter, although I had previously decided to rise above it. Then from this post on, I will consider anything else you say with the content I feel you deserve.

So to everyone else, I replied to phonefreak asking what popup be was refering to admittedly completely missing anything posted by the member above. I also stated to phonefreak that we knew the task worked and we did not need to further confirm this above and beyond the confirmation we already had. I didn't know it was a suggestion from someone else. I thought it was phonefreaks idea and I wanted to assure him he did not need to do that as he already has his confirmation

Anyway, this guy puts forward an argument of "logic and reason" in a condescending manner. There was no need to be condescending but that is no matter. What really annoyed me was his condescending approach whilst ignoring the very fact that an argument of logic and reason only stands when supported by knowledge and fact which is unfortunately where this member's post fell down.

So now he engages me in yet another pointless argument to try to prove what? Who knows? Who cares? As a top poster here, creating guides, tips and Support, it's not uncommon that I get attacked by people trying to prove they know more or that I know less, so I can only assume that is the case here. Even if that is the case, I am not interested to be honest.

But I digress... the final comment on the matter that I mentioned earlier that I would give....

Phonefreak knows the task runs with a manual trigger. If the task runs, it can only be the context (trigger) that is failing. The task runs regardless of internet connectivity as incorrectly pointed out earlier. Sure, an email might not arrive but that is not an indication of trigger failure. We can quite clearly see sl4a running the script.

The moment we see "sendemailA.py started", we know the task is running. The python script starts regardless of network connectivity. It runs in airplane mode, which you can all feel free to test. So if the secure settings context is met and the task doesn't run, we KNOW the context isn't working because the sl4a status is not presented to the user. Nothing other than the context failing, could cause a proven working task to not work.

This is my final word on the matter. I hope we can keep this on topic from now on.

Apology? No. Reversal? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
We can quite clearly see sl4a running the script.
Those words about the script are yours, not phonephreak’s. Unless there have been some PM’s exchanged here, we didn’t know for a fact how phonefreak checked for execution or non-execution of the task. He may have checked for receipt of an email on his computer. If the email action fails, one might incorrectly conclude the task has failed.

There are plenty of unknowns when diagnosing your own phone, let alone diagnosing someone elses phone based on few sentences.

Personally I thought it was worth spending 15 seconds to remove all doubt. There is at least one credible scenario (intermittent email connectivity, op checked for task non-completion based on email) where it would be worth it. I can probably come up with more. But that rather misses my point, which is that it’s easier and more productive to just check it rather then to spend multiple messages analysing it based on an assumption that you know everything there is to know about a phone which could be thousands of miles away in a situation described by a person whose expertise you don’t know.

Perhaps others may not agree with my suggestion. No problem there, we all approach things diffrently. But SUroot felt so strongly that it was a bad recommendation that he felt compelled to discredit the recommendation even AFTER it had already been completed. (January 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM). And after all this, even up to the latest post he still continues to fight tooth and nail to discredit a 15 second recommendation that was already completed before he started picking on it.

I will have to accept portion of blame for eventually escalating in less than proportional amounts to the tone directed against me. To forum members (excluding SUroot), I certainly apologize.
electricpete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #77 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,326 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default

I do repeat, I did not know it was a recommendation at the time. I do not think it was a bad recommendation. Just a pointless one. I didn't engage you in the discussion. You engaged me. Your first post was reasonable but your second was very condescending. That is my problem. My problem is with you not with your recommendation.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd like you to leave this thread and never post in it again, that is against the spirit of AF. I leave you to yourself now. Any further off topic "battles" will need to be addressed by the moderators.
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #78 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

For the record, I disagree with everything you said about what transpired here.
But I'll let you have the last word.
electricpete is offline  
Last edited by electricpete; January 27th, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #79 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hopefully I'm not bumping a dead thread and I just wanted to add some more information just in case others have issues. What I can confirm is 2 step verification was an issue with my setup. I used a spare gmail account without 2 step set up as the sending account and the email went through just fine. Originally used an account with 2 step enabled and the email would fail everytime. Also, %EMAIL_TO was set using the @gmail.com domain.

lastly, Pin unlock is the security setting I'm using and so far, no issues. (fingers crossed)
Shazam613 is offline  
Last edited by Shazam613; February 15th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 06:06 AM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
silentwitness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bombay India
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,013
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy s5 G900F and Samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4
Carrier: Vodafone India

Thanks: 292
Thanked 272 Times in 230 Posts
Default

if ure using 2 step verification you need to setup an application specific password to use it.

Sign in using application-specific passwords - Accounts Help
silentwitness is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silentwitness For This Useful Post:
electricpete (February 17th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #81 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 974
 
Device(s): rooted AT&T GS4 w/ Android 4.3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 291
Thanked 209 Times in 165 Posts
Default

yup, good point. I go through the same thing every time I change Roms.

The tricky part is: When your phone asks for gmail password, it is NOT asking for your normal gmail password that you'd use to get into your account on a pc. It needs the Application-specific password (bunch of numbers) that gets sent to you from google when you follow directions at the link above.
electricpete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #82 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Nexus 4 rooted and Tasker profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonephreak32 View Post
does your phone need to be rooted for this to work? im on an s3 and have followed this guide but it is not working.

if i run it from the Tasker task edit window it will run but it will not work if i put in 2 incorrect patterns.
I tried this also with my Nexus 4 today. I also did the same here, by running it through the edit box, and it worked perfectly, but it would not for the life of me, run when I put in 2 incorrect patterns, PINs, or passwords.

Have you had any luck on that yet?
virus123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #83 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

A BIG THANKS to SURoot! This works like a charm on my DROID RAZR!

Followed the instructions in the OP to the T and started getting emails :-D
TauntingBull is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Gender: Male
Posts: 500
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 n9005, Samaung Galaxy S IV i9500, Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, Dell Streak 5,
Carrier: Ufone

Thanks: 98
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
thahim.sd@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
This is a mid-level complexity profile that takes a photo of someone who incorrectly enters your pattern lock (in this example) twice and emails it to you.

This is based on multiple examples found but this is my own spin on it.

The filename of the photo is always the same so it overwrites itself, saving space because if, like me, you often put your pattern in wrong, you'll end up with a million pictures of yourself

Pre-requsites:
  1. SL4a apk - android-scripting.googlecode.com
  2. Secure settings - Google Play
  3. Folder \sdcard\sl4a\scripts containing - sendemailA.py
  4. Python - Install through SL4a as below:





    I have attached the profile exported xml, in a zip. Put this (extracted) in /sdcard/tasker/profiles/. You will still need to do the above and add your email address and password to the tasks below though, but should save some time. UNTESTED
Creating the profile:

Profile
  • Add (+) Profile, name "Intrusion"
Context
  • Select State > Plugin > Secure Settings > configuration Edit > Failed Login Attempts > (set your number, Tick "Device admin" and save
Task
  • New Task
  • + Media > Take Photo > Camera "Front" > Filename "Last-intruder" (and apply)
  • + Variable > Variable Set > name "%EMAIL_USER" to youremailaddress@here.com
  • + Variable > Variable Set > name "%EMAIL_PSWD" to youremailpassword
  • + Variable > Variable Set > name "%EMAIL_TO" to youremailaddress@here.com
  • + Variable > Variable Set > name "%EMAIL_SUBJECT" to "SGS3 INTRUSION ATTEMPT"
  • + Variable > Variable Set > name "%EMAIL_ATTACH" to "/sdcard/DCIM/Tasker/last-intruder.jpg"
  • + Script > Run SL4A Script > Name (Search icon) sendemailA.py > Pass variables " %EMAIL_USER,%EMAIL_PSWD,%EMAIL_TO,%EMAIL_ATTACH,%E MAIL_SUBJECT "
  • Apply

I have downloaded the script
Dont know which folder plz help.
thahim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:02 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
biggoog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Detroit Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 124
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 BlackBean#6 and CyaongenMod 10 Nightly d2mtr- LG-Esteem OC@1.9 ROM#2
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 141
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
Does the send email script run? In the status bar?




Does the sendemail python script show up in the sl4a app?

Trying to get this to work again. Had it working on my LG ESTEEM. Program will not send me an email? Just takes pic and sl4a runs then exists without sending me email. Screen shots provided. Any hep thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1372039360812.jpg (62.8 KB, 33 views)
biggoog is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #86 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 341
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE, Optimus Elite
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 58
Thanked 75 Times in 50 Posts
Default

For the attachment, instead of listing the file extension, you can just put %FOTO
Edit: scratch that
AndroidHaCks is offline  
Last edited by AndroidHaCks; July 14th, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #87 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 341
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE, Optimus Elite
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 58
Thanked 75 Times in 50 Posts
Default

I keep getting EMAIL_USER missing. It's not missing. I've tried it with and without @gmail.com and still no luck

Edit: fixed
AndroidHaCks is offline  
Last edited by AndroidHaCks; July 14th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #88 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm having a problem running the test on Tasker. I got the profile part down as listed but the first few things I might of messed up on. To be honest I am new to all of this. When I run the test in Tasker I keep getting a message saying "Unfortunately, SL4A has stopped" and I get it twice.
Rusty_Coyote is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #89 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Incognegro82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miramar, FL
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Incognegro82
Default

This is an awesome profile but I have a question on tweaking it a bit. I personally don't use the lock screen pattern/pin lock but rather use an app called smart app protector to add a pattern lock to selected apps. I was wondering if I could implement the task of this profile to work with entering the wrong pattern on the selected apps I have the pattern lock applied to?
Incognegro82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #90 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 70
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
[*]Folder \sdcard\sl4a\scripts containing - sendemailA.py
For the sendemailA.py script, when I click on the link, do I just copy all that and paste it into note and save as sendemailA.py?
titan2005 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 14th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #91 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 70
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Work great thanks.

2 questions
1-In my task for "+ Variable > Variable Set > name "%EMAIL_PSWD" to youremailpassword" my password is not "stared" or "X" out but actually shows my password. Is this normal?
2-I get email notification but no attached picture<<<[SOLVED, had a typo]
titan2005 is offline  
Last edited by titan2005; October 14th, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #92 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yea i know this was uploaded 2 years ago but i really want to get this working and every time i try it it just says "EMAIL_PSWD missing"

what should i do?
epicfruitbowl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:34 AM   #93 (permalink)
Elite Recognized Geek
 
codesplice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Huntsville, AL
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,772
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile (prepaid)

Thanks: 1,489
Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,232 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfruitbowl View Post
yea i know this was uploaded 2 years ago but i really want to get this working and every time i try it it just says "EMAIL_PSWD missing"

what should i do?
It sounds like it might be a simple spelling/syntax error. Double-check the variable names to make sure they match EXACTLY - capitalization does matter, btw. Be sure that they're all preceded by a percent sign (%) also.

It may be helpful to post screenshots of your setup so we can further help diagnose
codesplice is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codesplice For This Useful Post:
D-U-R-X (March 12th, 2014)
Old July 27th, 2014, 10:31 PM   #94 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default sl4a no menu

Ive installed SL4A from the link you provided, i open the app on my phone. You say to click view then interpreters, etc. I just get something at the top that says scripts, and an all black page with no menu buttons. I dont understand. Ive looked at videos of installing python, and they have the same black screen but then all of a sudden a menu just pops up out of nowhere. I cant find a menu anywhere. Please help. Would love to have this working!!!
troymz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 04:06 PM   #95 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Profile not firing

I'm at the end of my wits. I got the task to work (via the play button), however, the profile does not fire if I enter my pattern incorrectly. The profile is not that complex. Does anybody have an idea what the problem might be?


I can confirm that it is the profile, rather than the task. Even if I connect a task I used successfully before, the profile does not react.

This is on stock rom, N4, running xposed framework.
Kurtmieville is online now  
Last edited by Kurtmieville; August 3rd, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2014, 12:14 AM   #96 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default script won't run behind lock screen

Everything works for me. However the script to email will not run until the lockscreen is passed. If I test it by entering incorrect pin numbers the photo is taken but the email is not sent until I login correctly. If it requires I enter the right pin number, how does it actually protect me. Can someone help me get this to run from lockscreen?
scottypres is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Discussion > Android Applications > Tasker

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.