Android Market Stuck on Starting download fixed!!! Here is now it worked for me Edit
Here is what I did to fix my android market. The market was stuck on Starting download since I purchased the device over a month ago.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY:
1. Unmount and remove your microSD card.
2. Go to the factory reset. You will lose your data, but if you want your market to work this is how. You may want to back up data on your computer or SD card prior to removal.
3. Complete the Factory reset.DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR SD NOW
4. As soon as the device is restarted FIRST login to GOOGLE TALK, you may want to create a new email account, you can always add your old account to the email for the device later on. DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR SD NOW
5. After Google Talk has booted and is complete. Go back to home screen and start Market. Start off with a download that has a higher star rating so you know it has been successfully used by others.
6. Press the Download for that app/game...
7. This is successful only if you see an arrow pointing down on the top of you device screen.
8. ONLY After your download is complete can you reinstall your SD card. My Market will stop working when and SD Card is installed.
*****************You will NEED to unmount and remove the SD card and restart the device each time you use Market (but you will not have to factory reset it anymore) **********
Hope this helps this. This was the only thing I could do to make it work on my device, none of the other suggestions worked. I mixed and matched a few of the suggestions and YYYYEEEESSS now it works great
Originally Posted by jporch316
been trying to download and install a couple of apps last night and this afternoon but they are getting stuck on the "starting download screen"?
Is this an issue with my device or an android market issue - ive rebooted my phone, cancelled the downloads then restarted but they always get stuck on the "starting download" screen?