• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have not been able to find an app for measuring your vehicles 0-60mph time. Because of this i have decided to make one. I assumer there are more car people out there then just me so I thought it might be a good idea.

It is still in the early stages. I am working on a solid user interface as well as adding features. Version 1.0 should be available soon with the ability to test your 0-30, 0-60 and 0-100 times. You start the timer and it uses the gps to stop automatically when you hit the required speed.

What I am wondering is, would anybody be interested in an app like this? What sort of features would you like to see? and how much would you be willing to pay for a full and final version of this?

I look forward to any feedback.
Thank you

Maybe there is no interest in this. But here is a screen shot anyway of the main screen of the app. If you have any suggestions it is not too late for me to make changes to the look or functionality of this app before its release

zero_to_sixty_screen1.jpg

Upvote 0
Ok whats happening with this. What kind of accuracy can you get with the GPS signal and so forth. I would forget pre-sets.

I would implement a multiple thresholds capability. So that you add N number of speed thresholds and the app measures the time between them as desired by the user.

i.e.
The user would simply add numbers (in there chosen unit of speed) to a 'measurement list', for example click the add button on 0 then add a 60 then a 100 then a 103 value, what ever. (units should be interchangeable i.e. MPH, KPH etc)

Then you simply measure the time between them and display the results.
even better would be to also perform continual measurement at 1 MPH increments to create a graph, from this you can work out the approx BHP given the weight of the car in 1st gear. The graph should continue to measure up to top speed.

Nice to see an acceleration vector, cals provide a G force distribution map for the historical maximums, and also G force bars for the real-time measurement using the phones built in sensors, perhaps they all need to be calibrated in some way and accuracy may not be as good.
therefore think about how to calibrate using known constants.

Also time over distance should be user selectable. Again distance should be available in selectable units such as kilometres or miles or yards etc. helpful short cuts to common measurements would be nice to speed this along, so perhaps a pre population function for common measurements such as 1/4 mile or 0-60 0-100 etc. But the power is in enabling the user to add there own measurements.

Thats a good start.
Get cracking. Need any help just ask.

Upvote 0
im glad you are still interested in this app. sorry it is not out yet I have been waiting for google to allow you to sell apps from canada as i would like to try and sell this for $0.99. I have considered posting it for free but there are some things that could be improved so i figure i might as well wait, make it better, and try to sell it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones