03/2013 System Update Available?General

Last Updated:

1. W_A_Watson_II

W_A_Watson_II Well-Known Member

Any one know the details (i510.FP8 I think)? I'm rooted (i510.06 V.FP5) so I have no plans to do the update.

Advertisement
  2. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard a thing, but then again... I changed phones back in November to a Nexus and now my wife changed from her Charge late last week.

We had a good run with the Charge, our first Android phones... but, it had some quirks that never got straightened out since VZW abandoned us just a short while after getting them.
  3. Archon810

Archon810 Well-Known Member

Details: http://support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/system_update/droid_charge.pdf

Device Enhancements:
    +Support has been added for Face Lock & Unlock, Photo Editor, Recording
    Snap Shot and Vector Font.
    + “Get Video Calling” has been preloaded on the device.
    + Preloaded applications including VOD, BitBop, Rhapsody, Blockbuster,
    Tunewiki and Mobile Instant Messenger (MIM) have been removed.
  4. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

5. Shane2943

Shane2943 Well-Known Member

For any one who is Rooted/rommed, it is not advised to take OTA updates. You can, however, disable that annoying pop-up.

If you don't have a file system browser with root privileges, download one. Root Explorer is a popular choice. I use Root Browser Lite (it's free and works fine).

Follow these instructions here, but instead of changing the line to "FP1" change it to "FP8" instead.

Stop ota notification - Droid Charge - RootzWiki
  6. nofronts

nofronts Member

7. dcooper830

dcooper830 Member

My Charge has been inactive since I.got my Note 2 back in.January ... just fired it up again and got the update over my wifi .... pretty cool!

This phone.is still slow though lol.

But its kinda cool it still works pretty well... im making this post with it :)