• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.4 update

The Wear version on the watch is bound to the firmware on the watch. It can't be updated separately, and doesn't have anything to do with the version of the Android Wear app on your phone. Wear 1.4 == Android 6.0, Android 6.0 == Wear 1.4. You'll get Wear 1.4 on your watch once you also get Android version 6.0 (I don't know the build number, but it will start with "M").

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Turning blue holding my breath here :p
impatient_man.gif

Upvote 0
When I get home, Ima gonna make a beeline to my watch and light it up and check :D
I kinda hope the speaker gets activated for the only reason to have an hourly chime.....I love that on a watch :D
(if I can find a way to do it :p )
My guess is all of the stuff will be dependent on watch faces. I have one that vibrates hourly, so it would be cool to have an hourly chime too.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Won't work on a Huatch... no way to connect it to a PC. SO we wait :(
I was wondering about that. Reddit and XDA abound with folks who say they've done it though. Maybe connected via the charging dock? I dunno.

I'd give it a go... but not on a release build so it wouldn't take anyway. :(

Upvote 0
Mike, if you have enough of a charge you can swiipe that to the side and apply the update. At least I was able to on a previous update.
Yah, I probably did have enough of a charge, but I was in bed and knew if I took the update, I'd start to tinker with it lose some sleep :p
I just wanted to post it to rub it in here :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones