1.47.651.1 and toast's root method

Last Updated:

1. saecrow

saecrow Active Member This Topic's Starter

anyone know if the latest update (1.47.651.1) is available to be applied to a toast's method rooted phone? i've seen some posts over at xda that refer to starting all over and bringing your device from stock to full root with the latest ota, but not sure if that's what i want (need) to do. the devs had the sd card fix update available as a stand alone update after being rooted. has the 1.47.651.1 become available to apply with my current status, or is the only way to implement it to start from scratch? anyone else in this situation?
    thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

Do not apply the update to your rooted phone. It will break the root, and you will not be able to get it back.

What you have to do is wait for a developer to implement the update into their ROM. Then you put the whole new ROM onto your phone.

3. saecrow

yeah, i know not to apply the ota, thanks. so just to confirm, i'm running the custom stock, i have to be on the look out for a custom stock rom with the latest ota patch, there won't be just an ota patch released by the devs for the custom stock rom. . . . it will be a whole new rom released with that patch?

thanks!

4. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

My bad, I might have misunderstood the orig question. Yeah, the way you describe it above is the way I understand it to be. If I am wrong, surely somebody will come along to correct me!

5. ekt8750

ekt8750 Well-Known Member

Yeah Devs will release a full updated ROM that contains the updates.

6. saecrow