1.47 update and No-Lock users.. question

Last Updated:

1. 4tunesmiles

4tunesmiles Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I use the no-lock app, which allows me to push the volume button to turn on the screen. Since installing the 1.47 HTC update, now when I push the volume button to turn on the screen, it makes the annoying "tink" volume-indicator sound. It didn't do that before.
    I really don't want an announcement that I'm turning on my cell phone. Has this happened to you other No-lock, upgraded users?

Thanks,
    I'm enjoying reading all the tips on this forum.

Advertisement
    EarlyMon likes this.
  2. ExPalm

ExPalm Well-Known Member

I don't recall the noise before, but it does do it now. I usually don't notice it because I keep the ringer volume pretty low.

3. ss220

ss220 Member

Yep, does it for me too. However, I normally have my phone on vibrate only. In that case, no-lock doesn't make any sound.

4. musikat

musikat Well-Known Member

Yes! I noticed it too. I even tried turning lock off then on to see if it would stop but no luck.

5. kamikazekyle

kamikazekyle Well-Known Member

Ditto. Volume changes seem to be going through as far as I can tell, rather than being intercepted fully by No Lock. So if I press down, the ringer volume decreases. Vice versa for the volume up button. I normally only use the up button and keep my ringer maxed out, so I might be wrong as I don't have my phone sitting in front of me.

Hrm, something I just thought of...perhaps a No Lock uninstall and reinstall might have an effect to reestablish proper interception of button presses? Can't try now, but maybe someone else could?

6. unplugged1

unplugged1 Well-Known Member

Try using the volume "down" to turn your phone on. If the volume is already down, it won't make a sound. (It is still irritating that the volume now registers immediately, when it didn't use to.)

7. musikat

musikat Well-Known Member

Just tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the market. Annoying "ping" still there.

8. dsarch21

dsarch21 Well-Known Member

thanks for pointing out the no lock app, i was looking for something like this!
    hope your issue gets fixed!

9. 4tunesmiles

Thanks for trying it and letting us know. Maybe No-lock will counter-update and fix it.

10. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member

If you don't want it to make the sound, use the power button to turn it on. It still turns on in unlock mode, but without the noise.

11. 4tunesmiles

Not wanting to fumble around for the small, oddly located power button is what made me go looking for an app to begin with! lol

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Ditto. New issue.

13. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

I don't think the "new" volume button pings are associated with the No Lock App. When I did a force stop to No Lock the volume button pings were still present. I checked the Sound & Display settings and the Audible Touch Tones was off as I had set it. I guess it's a new and improved feature from the update but I'm not sweating over it.

:)

14. vgsantiago

vgsantiago Well-Known Member

Obvious choice, but that's the reason most are wanting to use No-Lock. to avoid from doing that.

Anyways same here, get the annoying ping.