1.5 to 2.1 upgrade for UK unlocked Spica/Portal?Support

Last Updated:

1. mattm19

mattm19 Member This Topic's Starter

I've been having issues with upgrading my Spica since I bought it in March. After months of trying to update the phone with NPS (latest version), I am still no closer to the 2.1 upgrade. One time, it did manage to start but the process locked up and wouldn't start again. Since then, I have tried again but now I'm just getting "Cannot connect to the server; upgrade cannot proceed".

Will the process only start at a certain time of day because of server issues? Or is the UK locked out of the upgrade? If there were a way to fool the NPS into thinking I was from another country, would that allow the upgrade to go ahead?

I must confess, this whole business is nothing but stress. Not sure if I'm gonna go down the Android route when I come to upgrade my phone again.

Advertisement
    zero_tomm likes this.
  2. mattm19

mattm19 Member This Topic's Starter

Never mind now. I took the plunge and finally invested in Apple. It's a shame because Apple stuff is so much more expensive but at least there is the continual support and ease of upgrading, unlike Android. I may try again in a few years, when the software has matured more but for now, it's iOS all the way baby!