1.5 to new "OTA" leak ??General

Last Updated:

1. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There are numerous threads this is spread across and I know I am not the only one trying to get some serious answers on this.

1. Can you go from 1.5 to the new "OTA" leak?
    2. If so, are there the same issues as the previous leaks like wiping of the phone? I have done what Caddyman has said and installed Appbrain, so not really worried, just want to know.
    3. What pros?
    4. What cons?

Sorry for creating a whole new thread but I am so close to actually jumping the fence and want to make sure I dont regret it(Not that I would since its 2.1) but you know what I mean. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

1. Yes

2. YES! I thought appbrain would back you up, but it doesnt, your apps should be remembered in the market, all paid apps will at least, to be sure use a backup app or astro or something

3. There's lots of pros

4. There are a few (not many) cons

read through the few threads.

4. tee00max

tee00max Well-Known Member

yes you can go from 1.5 to the new leak 2.1..

5. droidkevlar

Thanks Caddyman. That is why I started this thread to have 1 location for pros and cons. Its too hard to go through pages and pages. Did you go from 1.5 to this leak? Can you list a few cons and pros? Thanks. I just need that push to do this. OTD, a pic of you and gf would do it. :p

6. karib

karib Well-Known Member

This new version is tempting me as well. Is it recommended to do a factory reset on the phone BEFORE doing the install? Should I transfer all files off my sd card and reformat before putting the zip file on there? Still on 1.5, obviously!

7. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Well, if that is all it takes. Why not just look at my profile?

8. droidkevlar

Nice trick. Someone is good in photoshop. Can you work wonders on my photos? lol

Now I have to decide if I shouldnt just root first, and then flash to another ROM that includes this leak. Damn these choices!!!!!!!!!!

9. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

sounds like a no-brainer.

If you don't like root you could always just accept the OTA when it comes out or install a leak and be unrooted again, if you install leak then there is no going back for now.

10. droidkevlar

After reading the guide that was posted in the root section and thinking about 1 major pro which is root and I can always get custom ROMS later but cant with OTA, I said F it and now following the steps to root first, then flash to latest ROM. Thanks everyone!!