$1,500 That was a suprise

1. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

Granted, this is the DEV edition that they will be offering early next year, but still, for $1,500 that is a chunk of change.

I still am jealous of those who are able to go sign up today at the I/O! Here is hoping that the price will be coming down when they want to reach the general public!

Advertisement
    :
  2. dkorth

dkorth Member

Considering that these glasses will go for $3000 on ebay, if transferable, I would say $1500 is cheap. Think about how much phones go for in markets they aren't available in.
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I'd wear 'em.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I think the surprise was that they actually had them to a point that they could be offered to devs. My jaw dropped at that.

And yes, I would wear them too. As an Assessor for a town, it would be very simple to grab photo's/videos of properties on the fly that are geotagged instead of lugging around a camera everywhere.
    Thats and EarlyMon like this.
  5. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

I have to agree, I would totally wear them. Now, not to get picky, but hopefully they can get the price down to around 1000 so that I can coax the ruling half to let me buy a pair :)
  6. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

ide wear athem to check facebook in class and no one would be the wiser >:D
  7. chris45389

chris45389 New Member

i'm sure when someone saw you wearing them they would be curious as to what they were, it wouldn't be too hard to figure out they could be used for that
  8. srinyvas

srinyvas Member

I hope that the price will be reduce and will get some offer
  9. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Would like to see them implement in the future a pair that has real RX lenses in them so I could wear them all the time! And as a bonus the lenses would be z87+ approved so I could wear them at work!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  10. lollixo

lollixo New Member

what is this google glass? what you can do with this? i readed that in the next olimpycs game maybe this glass could be used. but if so, Will it go against the sport's spirit?
  11. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

12. AndroidMoo

AndroidMoo Well-Known Member

What about they make a (I don't care if it's bulky) $500 version with lower specs?
  13. EarlyMon

No good, never settle for lower specs. ;) :)
  14. Robertech

Robertech Well-Known Member

I'd kill for just a screen shot of what we can expect in the display
  15. EarlyMon

How's this -

16. Fonof

Fonof Member

Might be worth waiting a couple of years while it is tweaked, the technology is perfected and the price comes down.
  17. 8 corez

8 corez Active Member

I read it would be the price of a phone... I believe it was a techradar article... will look for the link. But I would wear them. Not for $1,500 but for the price of a phone, sure. Not that it's not worth it... just don't have that much money for it. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  18. 8 corez

8 corez Active Member

EarlyMon likes this.
  19. EarlyMon

Great article! :)
  20. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Where do I sign a contract to get it for $200? ;)
  21. thewalkingdead

thewalkingdead Active Member

Exactly lol
    EarlyMon likes this.