• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1.6 DOTS help....

aequitas3

Mar 22, 2010
New Jersey
okay, so i just installed DOTS onto my phone coming from the 1.6 no twiZ ROM, and after the phone boots and loads the android screen, towards the time it's supposed to load the home screen, the android animation freezes and then i get a black screen. pressing lock does not do anything, nor does pressing any of the buttons. I tried to switch ROMs back to 1.6 no twiZ, and same problem occurred....

i hope to God i did not screw my phone up somehow.....

EDIT: i got it to work cuz i had this feeling that i needed to pull out my sdcard for some unknown reason. but now if i turn my phone off and then back on again, the problem starts again. I have an 8gb sdcard, partitioned 4gb/4gb, the latter being ext3 for a2sd to work. i partitioned it back when Galaxy R6 was released, but read shortly after partitioning it that anything bigger that 500mb (i think) could cause problems, but neglected to fix it due to not having a problem with the partition sizes being those size. so now my new problem is why won't my phone load with the sdcard in it?

What I did to fix this is I turned the phone back on and stuck my sdcard in. then I plugged my phone in my linux computer and used gparted to reformat my card in ext 2 as the second partition of 512mb. Rebooted my phone to see if the problem was fixed and it was.

@BH_MAN for some reason ext3 worked fine up until DOTS, and then it failed. might be due to not being stable like you said. That out the partition was to big.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones