1.6 ota update........

1. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

chtse53 and yatimameiji

I'm still looking for 2 people to help with the ROM dump for this official release. Any chance you could help out?
  2. Beatdough

Beatdough Member

My Kernal version says:
    root@sep-36 #1
    Sat Jan 16 21:15:14 KST 2010

I was just wondering is this the normal software? The root@sep-36 #1 part is throwing me off.
  3. Nu11u5

That is build T939UVJA3 that was patched in 2 months ago and still Android 1.5. You don't have the 1.6 update yet.
  4. dreahdreah

dreahdreah Well-Known Member

dang im in skyway couldnt remember how to get back to stupid stock homescreen last night,lol..oh well. wed i had got the 2 arrows but nothing ever happened outside of some messages that said download failed please try again later
  5. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

Yeah the Last one BH_MAN got was T939UVJC2 which was done on March 17. (This all according to the Changelog File that was in the Stock Files he got, interesting reading on the progression and what errors they "KNEW" about.) It was also the 1st Donut Build.
  6. spinwizard

spinwizard Active Member

I could use an Odin of the new release. I no longer have T-mo so I doubt I'd get the update while connected via wifi. I would like to have it to see what Sammy did on their own.
  7. Bluesword92

Bluesword92 Member

10/25/10 - As of 3am still no update.
  8. inaz4sun

inaz4sun Well-Known Member

At 11:20pm PDT (in AZ) I also switched my APN (I use a WAP APN for my data generally) as above and rebooted my phone, this time, just like reported the Device Manager connection kept going for 15 minutes. It then gave me a congratulations screen and asked me to continue. Which I did, the next screen said it would take about 10 minutes to complete the update. It then gave me a progress bar. Got to about 50% in 3 minutes and rebooted. Then continued from 50% on the progress bar for 8 more minutes. It then rebooted, taking maybe a little more time than its normal slow process to do so (about 5 minutes).

Total time from first reboot to back up and running 31 minutes.

I am now at 1.6!

Details:
    Download of update: 15 minutes
    Unpacking of installation files: 3 minutes
    Installation: 8 minutes
    Reboot: 5 minutes
    Total Time: 31 minutes

Firmware version: 1.6
    Baseband Version: T939UVJE2
    Kernel version: 2.6.29
    root@sep-56 #1
    Tue May 4 19:02:25 KST 2010

Build number
    76XXCSDCBALUM6375

I am pleased to report this OS is MUCH faster. Like WAY noticeably faster!!

The widget tray is bigger and icons in it are bigger.

Google Maps is now just Maps and includes navigation (which looks like it loads a different App and asks you to install voice).

Seems like there might be some new sound effects for a few things as well.

I will add more to this report as I check out more things.
  9. brmayhem

brmayhem Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it. Can't wait to receive the update too.
  10. inaz4sun

Updates after some more exploring...

• Android Market is updated (way nicer GUI)
    • Google Navigation is awesome
    • Several other apps updated for this new version as well.
    • Updated settings options
    • Did I say WAY faster? It's WAY faster.
    • Swype is now default. It's awesome! Nice tutorial too. I got the hang of it quickly. Will probably remove the other addon keyboard I was using.

Haven't tried out the SD card that was giving me problems before to see if it still does. I will do that tomorrow.

So far quite please with the update. Yeah it ain't 2.x, but it definitely has breathed new life into the phone - one I actually happen to like.
  11. kpatel

kpatel Member

Hey man are you willing to help Nu11u5 out on building the image so people who do not have tmobile or 3g can get the image file and we can install it on our phone through the computer please
  12. geoffwill

geoffwill New Member

Question....If we are defaulting to WIFI at home, do we need to turn it off for the update to hit the phone?

Thanks
  13. wildwildbil

wildwildbil Member

I'd help you out if I could get the damn update! I downgraded from Galaxy to get this thing and it won't update. Mutherflippers!
  14. amp100

amp100 New Member

Has anyone in Florida got the update yet? :confused:
  15. dctony2010

dctony2010 Active Member

Thanks for the details and good news inaz4sun!
  16. blackerwater

blackerwater Well-Known Member

Still no update : ( I'm in Seattle

Sent from my android device using tapatalk :)
  17. Nu11u5

Yep still needing those 2 volunteers!
  18. nguyenmd

nguyenmd Active Member

no update yet for me! gues i'm SOL. hope today is not the last day for OTA!
    motherflippers Tmobil and samsung...Other than that, Happy Friday everyone.
  19. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member

amp-I'm in St. Petersburg, FL, and no update. I got the phone yesterday.

Nu11u5-I'll help out with any thing. This phone is strangled with crap software. So far, the best thing on it is the map of the world on the back.
  20. fwph

fwph Member

In Cambridge, MA-- got the update around 6AM this morning. Huge improvement; still not enough to make me happy with a phone that's not getting 2.x.

(Note that I rebooted the phone and switched it back to touchwiz from dxtop just before I went to bed. Was plugged into the wall, had 3G/full signal)
  21. carlosz

carlosz Member

Houston tx still no update
    but i saw two diagonal arrows on the upper left of my phone but nothing happened
  22. hhamby

hhamby New Member

If you guys haven't gotten the update yet try this: go to settings and make sure that wifi is turned off (I'm pretty sure you can only get the update through 3g). Plug the phone into the charger and turn it off. Then turn it back on. Once the home screen pops up you should see the two arrows (red and blue) at the top and the 3g icon flashing. That means the phone is trying to get the update. If the arrows disappear the connection was lost so turn the phone off and restart it again.

I tried this three times and it finally worked. I suppose that turning the phone off/on and making it find the t-mobile towers is what helps. Anyways just thought I would share.
  23. amp100

amp100 New Member

Okay. Thanks. I kinda like the phone, hope this update makes it better though.
  24. inaz4sun

I would think so.
  25. inaz4sun

What is your APN set to?