• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.6 ota update........

In Chicago - still no update for me. Have followed the guidance here on restarting the phone several times - get the arrows while 3+ bars 3G connection and still nothing - arrows go away after a short while (10-15 sec), no update...

At least you've seen the arrows. I'm in Chicago as well and I've been monitoring my phone pretty closely for the past couple of days. I haven't even seen the arrows everyone is mentioning. I've followed the guidance on here and through other forums and contacted T-Mobile CS ....and nothing.

I guess I just have to keep waiting.

Upvote 0
do remember that tmobile stated that the update would be deployed at night... maybe you should try turning the phone off and on but after 11 pm

"The deployment of this software has begun and will occur each night from 11pm to 6am PST, from June 21st to June 25th. The deployment may extend a little longer depending on network capacity, however no issues are expected."

Upvote 0
do remember that tmobile stated that the update would be deployed at night... maybe you should try turning the phone off and on but after 11 pm

"The deployment of this software has begun and will occur each night from 11pm to 6am PST, from June 21st to June 25th. The deployment may extend a little longer depending on network capacity, however no issues are expected."

I've been trying at all hours of the day :shrug:

Upvote 0
I received the update during lunch today. There were two arrows and a checkmark on the top left screen. Installation went fairly quick. It feels fast (but I'm not sure if it's because other members said so). 1.6 Market is refreshing. No new bloatware (which is good). However I thought I read a better music player was to be released but I didn't see that in the update. BTW, my wife has a Behold2 also but she didnt get the update yet. Don't know what's up with that. Only thing I can think of is that she did not charge her phone last night (it did not die though).

Upvote 0
In St. Petersburg, FL, with the upgraded 3G. restored the phone to factory default yesterday (recovery mode) and it's not rooted. Never has been.

and I got nothin.

I keep restarting to see if that will push it. Nothin.

The TMobile rep tells me that it's not them, it's Google who pushes it out. HUH? Uhhmmm...

Upvote 0
Your rep was confused.

The only phones that I am aware of that has the updates pushed out by Google are the Nexus One and the Android Developer Phones.

T-Mobile has some very specific software installed on the BH2 and I assume other Android phones they manage that allows them to install these updates and do other remote management of them.

Unless I am mistaken..

Upvote 0
Your rep was confused.

The only phones that I am aware of that has the updates pushed out by Google are the Nexus One and the Android Developer Phones.

T-Mobile has some very specific software installed on the BH2 and I assume other Android phones they manage that allows them to install these updates and do other remote management of them.

Unless I am mistaken..

No you are correct, T-mobile pushes the updates!
Damn it, there has been like 5 people with the update and they all just ignore the fact that we need them to help us make an odin package :mad::mad::mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones