1.6 ota update........

Last Updated:

1. behold_guy

behold_guy Active Member

so how do you change your apn? Im not even sure if mine is set to the epc one and Id like to check or change it I still have not received the OTA

2. BurgDog

BurgDog Well-Known Member

3. carlosz

carlosz Member

How to i find out what it is set to?
  4. inaz4sun

inaz4sun Well-Known Member

Or you can get another app called Android Settings (I think) which gives you access to additional settings including this stuff. Thankfully in 1.6 these settings are available from the regular settings area.
  5. carlosz

carlosz Member

It says epc.tmobile.com
    but the arrows wont show up no more
  6. Emi2010

Emi2010 Member

I recieved my update thursday around 2am so far no problems though its not a HUGE cahnge just a few tweaks here and their. I already had the swype so its not a big thing to me, and they added a couple new wallpapers. The Market is different and looks better, I just wish they wouldv went through and did a major update but o well.
  7. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

im on edge and I just saw the red and blue arrows for a few seconds, but then they went away! Damn I wish I had 3G at my house :( I will keep you guys posted, and If I do get the update I will help make the odin packages!

damn I rebooted, and they showed up again! I think I'm gonna drive to where I can get 3G
  8. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

9. kpatel

kpatel Member

Come on everyone who have already received the update help out Nu11u5 so the others can get the update in a few days instead of waiting for tmobile to release the dam thing to everyone
    eschnit81 likes this.
  10. nhung

nhung Member

To check your APN, dial *#87927#. Do not change anything unless you know what you are doing. Press back to exit.
  11. bdc

bdc Member

In Chicago - still no update for me. Have followed the guidance here on restarting the phone several times - get the arrows while 3+ bars 3G connection and still nothing - arrows go away after a short while (10-15 sec), no update...
  12. BrutalHoney

BrutalHoney Member

At least you've seen the arrows. I'm in Chicago as well and I've been monitoring my phone pretty closely for the past couple of days. I haven't even seen the arrows everyone is mentioning. I've followed the guidance on here and through other forums and contacted T-Mobile CS ....and nothing.

I guess I just have to keep waiting.
  13. Wata88

Wata88 Member

do remember that tmobile stated that the update would be deployed at night... maybe you should try turning the phone off and on but after 11 pm

"The deployment of this software has begun and will occur each night from 11pm to 6am PST, from June 21st to June 25th. The deployment may extend a little longer depending on network capacity, however no issues are expected."
  14. BrutalHoney

BrutalHoney Member

I've been trying at all hours of the day :shrug:
  15. dctony2010

dctony2010 Active Member

I received the update during lunch today. There were two arrows and a checkmark on the top left screen. Installation went fairly quick. It feels fast (but I'm not sure if it's because other members said so). 1.6 Market is refreshing. No new bloatware (which is good). However I thought I read a better music player was to be released but I didn't see that in the update. BTW, my wife has a Behold2 also but she didnt get the update yet. Don't know what's up with that. Only thing I can think of is that she did not charge her phone last night (it did not die though).
  16. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

I think they push it out in waves based on imei (I think), so you will probably get them at different times.
  17. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

Hello people, not to be rued, but if you got the update please do the whole community a favoe and help us make an odin image!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

I went away from my house to get 3g and it still does the same thing... I reboot and red and blue arrows pop up for like 10sec and then they go away :(
  19. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

i have 3g in my house (somerville, MA) and look at the phone every 10 min and i dont see the arrows thing at all
  20. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

have you tried rebooting and seeing if they pop up right after start up?
  21. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

yup just tried that nothing happened.
  22. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member

In St. Petersburg, FL, with the upgraded 3G. restored the phone to factory default yesterday (recovery mode) and it's not rooted. Never has been.

and I got nothin.

I keep restarting to see if that will push it. Nothin.

The TMobile rep tells me that it's not them, it's Google who pushes it out. HUH? Uhhmmm...
  23. Nu11u5

Nu11u5 Well-Known Member Developer

Your rep was confused.

The only phones that I am aware of that has the updates pushed out by Google are the Nexus One and the Android Developer Phones.

T-Mobile has some very specific software installed on the BH2 and I assume other Android phones they manage that allows them to install these updates and do other remote management of them.

Unless I am mistaken..
  24. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

No you are correct, T-mobile pushes the updates!
    Damn it, there has been like 5 people with the update and they all just ignore the fact that we need them to help us make an odin package :mad::mad::mad:
  25. Mazz35

Mazz35 Member

I got it and I am working with Nu11u5 on it.