• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.6 ota update........

I got it and I am working with Nu11u5 on it.

Yep and thanks Mazz35.

I still need one more person with the update, and unfortunately its not me yet.

Person #2's call to duty will be after BH_MAN or myself get the images rooted after I get them off of the first phone.

Upvote 0
Arizona here. still no sign of the update. I'm running the Spare Parts app,
and I'm wondering if that might be holding it back. Anyone out there know
if Spare Parts screws with Touchwiz enough interfere with the ota?

I'm in AZ too and got it. Check thru these posts for some of the advice for the best chance of getting it. Check/change your APN, reboot your phone after 11pm, use 3G, turn off kill apps, be as stock as possible etc etc...

Upvote 0
They might not be ignoring it, they might have jobs and lives with which they are very busy.

That is no excuse!!!!!! If they have the time to go on this forum and tell us they have recieved the update, then they have the time to help. If they don't then a simple "I can't help would do!"

Anyways... I had the update downloading but I lost my connection and it stopped, when I checked results under device management it showed that it had downloaded alot of it but there was a server error :( now it wont connect or retry anymore. (I used the anycut tip)

Upvote 0
Sorry, i miss the *key. i got the apns access now.

I dialed the #87927#, it gives me an error. It prompts "unable to process request". I wonder if the prevents my phone to get the update. The phone was from Tmobile as an upgrade, and I never changes anything to it. Oh well, I hate samsung phone.:mad:

To check your APN, dial *#87927#. Do not change anything unless you know what you are doing. Press back to exit.

Upvote 0
Correct me if i am wrong. i think people are looking at the arrows when the phone is syncing. i think it is coincidence.

At least you've seen the arrows. I'm in Chicago as well and I've been monitoring my phone pretty closely for the past couple of days. I haven't even seen the arrows everyone is mentioning. I've followed the guidance on here and through other forums and contacted T-Mobile CS ....and nothing.

I guess I just have to keep waiting.

Upvote 0
ok then i never see this on my phone, regardless how many time i turn on and off the phone. oh well, time to throw this phone away and get a nexus one. never in my life i hope i have to deal with another samsung product again.:mad:

there are the two types of the red and blue arrows. one is semi-circle ones that are sync and the other are kinda straight

Upvote 0
I decided to web-chat with T-Mobile CS to see if I could get any information from them. It was interesting to say the least.

This person said that T-Mobile is not responsible for sending or supporting the OTA for the 1.6 firmware---Google is. I was then told to "ask Google" about the update and when it is expected to be sent out (to my phone). They definitely wanted to end the chat ASAP...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Google is working through Tmo's servers to roll this out to a phone that Samsung said they would support? Uhh....REALLY? This all sounds so b.s. to me. Every company blaming the other.

Like BP blaming the company that operated the rig, Transocean.
And Transocean, then blaming Haliburton for bad cement.
Then Haliburton, blaming BP for poor design to start with.

A three man firing squad is what we have here, with each pointed at the other head.

Oh, the update? I got nothin, still. I've been sleeping with one eye open.

Upvote 0
Google is working through Tmo's servers to roll this out to a phone that Samsung said they would support? Uhh....REALLY? This all sounds so b.s. to me. Every company blaming the other.

Like BP blaming the company that operated the rig, Transocean.
And Transocean, then blaming Haliburton for bad cement.
Then Haliburton, blaming BP for poor design to start with.

A three man firing squad is what we have here, with each pointed at the other head.

Oh, the update? I got nothin, still. I've been sleeping with one eye open.
the only phone i think google rolls the update out is the Google nexus one. others are made by manufactures and rolled out by the carrier

Upvote 0
I believe the G1 Originally had it's update handled by Google because it was "THE Dev" phone. After the OG myTouch 3G I think T-mo took it over. Which is why they tell you things like *#*#checkin#*#* that's used for the N1 and the whole "it's pushed my Google" crap. Yeah that info was probably correct...A YEAR AGO!! Now T-Mo pushes all T-Mo Phone updates. The Manufacturers make the updates, T-Mo pushes them. (only exception being the N1)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones