1.6 ota update........

1. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member

I tried to switch networks. This is bizarre:

Under "Network selection" I choose "search now". It disabled my connection, and then it gave me the option of only one network, AT&T.

What the???? I chose it. It works. It says 3g is working.
  2. cini75104

cini75104 Member

Received the update late this afternoon.

Firmware version

Baseband version
    T939UVJE2

Kernel version
    root@sep-56 #1
    Tue May 4 19:02:25 KST 2010

Build number
    76XXCSCBALUM63**

Only differences I see right away is a camcorder app that I don't believe I had earlier, and an alert in my notification bar that states "low on space - phone storage space is getting low." If I click on it, it takes me to manage applications. Again, since I'm not a tech person, I don't know what's new or not. Hopefully, one of you guys can use the info above. I'm in Cedar Hill, TX (18 miles south of Dallas). My battery was low when I received the notice, so I plugged into the wall charger and then updated. Took about 15 minutes.
  3. Beatdough

Beatdough Member

Does anyone know if the OTA update downloads to the phone or memory card? I was wondering if not having enough memory could prevent the update from downloading.
  4. nate678

nate678 Active Member

how do i post my own thread
  5. Bluesword92

Bluesword92 Member

So i've done everything that was suggested to do, still nothing. Any ideas?

OH device MGMT arrows don't ususally come up when I reboot the phone
  6. blackerwater

blackerwater Well-Known Member

7. blackerwater

I wonder if the people who used Odin flasher and flashed the first update are the only ones not receiving the ota?

Has anyone that's been running root and returned to stock received the update?

sent from my android phone using tapatalk
  8. nate678

nate678 Active Member

9. germ

germ Member

I would say no, because I've kept my phone stock since i've had it in Dec. and still haven't received the update how ever I've seen the red/blue arrows in the upper left of the screen multiple times.
  10. blackerwater

No I just wasn't sure if you were serious or joking. Maybe you should ask questions and learn a bit before you get flamed. What did you want to start a thread about?

11. nate678

nate678 Active Member

ok i didnt mean thread i meant forum whoops
    ={P
  12. blackerwater

So you were rooted at one time then.

13. brmayhem

brmayhem Well-Known Member

Check out the blue new thread buttom on the top of the page.

As a future reference try to post your questions in the forum that pertains to it. In this case HERE.
  14. blackerwater

that my friend would take me a looong time to explain to you : )

15. nate678

nate678 Active Member

i dnt see it
  16. DynamitePress

DynamitePress Well-Known Member

I'm doing it right now and the arrows are staying for a significant amount of time. They do shut off eventually though...tinkering with more stuff to make sure that the way is clear for the update.
  17. brmayhem

Good luck to you. I only get the arrows after the reboot for 5-15 secs. I hope the stock ODIN image isn't keeping me from getting the update.
  18. Bluesword92

Bluesword92 Member

Alright so this is odd, I did the steps, It said it found an update needed to reboot. The Behold rebooted and nothing happened.
  19. brmayhem

That always happens to me with the "Device management tip". I don't know if anyone has gotten lucky doing this but maybe the OP.
  20. blackerwater

This is what I'm getting at... if you go into device management mentioned run the check for update let it do its thing then hit results what does it say?? There are also a settings option when you press menu I wonder if we can put the needed settings in those fields. .

21. blackerwater

Will the op go and run what he did with the Dm and hit results and post what the window says thanks.

22. Bluesword92

Bluesword92 Member

Okat, It came up again & here it is - and what i received in the Messages;

Congrats. a new software update for your device.
    To proceed Press next.

This will take 10 minutes, you can't make calls etc etc.
    *clicks start*
    Your Phone will now reboot.

Reboots; and everything looks the same like nothing happened. No status bar, no packet unloading, nothing. Now I could be wrong but the Dev Man. arrows pop up for like 5 seconds after this part. And the 3G Icon shows usage for about 2 seconds.

After anxiously waiting 10 minutes (again) *also during the 10 minutes no 3g(apparently being used, and no alerts*

Boom! nothing.
  23. DynamitePress

DynamitePress Well-Known Member

so how long did it take to download the update? i'm getting the arrows for a very long time but nothing yet. although signal keeps dropping in and out occasionally...they say uninterrupted signal, but it can't possibly start over every time, can it? usually these things are smart enough to resume instead.
  24. germ

germ Member

I have never rooted my phone it has been STOCK since I bought the phone in Dec. 2009 I did receive the minor patch that caused more problems.
  25. Bluesword92

Bluesword92 Member

well as far as I can tell, even though it says it found an update, it doesn't seem to install it or even do anything for that matter. I wonder what could be the problem. haha

PS. I totally can make calls. while that's happening.