1.6 & WallpapersSupport

Last Updated:

1. Beatdough

Beatdough Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else noticed that in 1.6 custom wallpapers don't look as good. I use the Twiz interface, and before the update my wallpapers were sharp and crisp, but now in 1.6 the same wallpapers are blurry and pixelated. Or am I imagining things? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. blackerwater

blackerwater Well-Known Member

ive noticed this as well. Also the market is strange where is the paid apps section?

Sent from my Behold II using Tapatalk

3. brightsn

brightsn Active Member

@blackerwater

did you notice the little toggle at the top of the market that let's you decide between "top paid apps" and "top free apps"?

Actually, when I log onto the market, and click on "all applications", I'm immediately taken to the top paid apps.

4. blackerwater

blackerwater Well-Known Member

Mine only says apps games and tmobile. Also when I pick all apps it only has top free apps and just in apps no paid section here?

Sent from my Behold II using Tapatalk

5. Beatdough

I'm glad someone else noticed. I don't even wanna set custom wallpapers anymore because the quality sucks.

And Blackwater, that seems weird that you don't have a paid apps section. Don't know what to tell you.

6. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

7. Emi2010

Emi2010 Member

Yea they look more blurry and out of focus.. I started usuing this home replacement called Home++ and the wallpapers look better, i had ADW but the wallpapers looked bad aswell.. Home++ Is great i do recommend it

8. psychoace

psychoace Well-Known Member

9. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that if you're using the TouchWiz interface, the resolutions will be different than a normal wide screen resolution for Android phones. TouchWiz 2.0 unfortunately only allows one type of wallpaper, and that's a different wallpaper for each screen.

So in order to use a normal resolution that most Android phones use, and make it look good, you'll need to use a home replacement app from the market to allow for a single wallpaper across all screens.

Otherwise you'll need to edit wallpapers to match the resolution of each screen (320x480 pixels), and then copy it to your SD card.

Hope this helps!

Edit: And yes, Wallpaper Set and Save will work, however only with a home replacement app that allows for one wallpaper across all screens.

10. Beatdough

@ Emi2010
    I'm actually one of the few who don't mind the twiz interface. Besides the stupid app drawer being on the side, I actually like the soft keys at the bottom.

@psychoace
    Since I use the Twiz interface, "Wallpapers Set & Save" only changes the center screen, so it really doesn't help. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I wonder if Samsung reduced the max file size for the wallpapers in order to increase the speed of the twiz interface. Hmmm......

11. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

See my post above.

12. Beatdough

That's the weird thing. I know the pictures should be 320x480, but they still come out blurry. I noticed the higher the file size, the more pixelated the picture becomes. I honestly think Samsung changed the way wallpapers are applied in order to speed up the twiz interface.

13. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting. I don't use TouchWiz, so I can't really play with it to help out. Have you tried using Open Home with the Darkstar skin? It looks nearly identical to the Darkstar rom over at the XDA forums.

I know you like TouchWiz, but this really only replaces the bad parts of TouchWiz and keeps the useful parts.

14. Beatdough

Haven't really tried it but i'll look into it.

15. DynamitePress

DynamitePress Well-Known Member

Curses! Wallpaper set&save does work, but as said, only for the middle screen. Grrrrr....I like touchwiz but the wallpapers are SIGNIFICANTLY less sharp than they were before the update. maybe it's time to go ADW with full-size wallpaper...poop.

16. Beatdough

Yeah, I just started using ADW yesterday to try it out and it's pretty cool. The customizable buttoms at the bottom sold me. I will miss multiple wallpapers though.....

17. Dahlstrom

Dahlstrom New Member

I've been noticing that when I save my images as .gif they tend to look better.. so u may want to give it a try