• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1.6ghz EVO in July...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame that people don't actually understand what they read :thinking: I never said that "I" believe this release to be written in stone (the vendor believes it), I DID say that I believe (him) "for now". I'm not freaked out by not having the phone today, nor will I be a month from now. I'm allowing him to dig his own grave so that there is no question as to why I will move my account. I told him from the begining (10 years ago) to never bring me rumors, only facts. In my business, you let people hang themselves! You don't just tell them to pound sand because you "think" they might be lieing to you.

He believes this to be a fact, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt (for now). He knows that if I like the EVO, I will swap out all of the phones for EVO's.

This is the last time I'll say this, I was REPEATING what I was told, I wasn't putting a gun to anyone's head and telling them to take the information as the truth :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
It's a shame that people don't actually understand what they read :thinking: I never said that "I" believe this release to be written in stone (the vendor believes it), I DID say that I believe (him) "for now". I'm not freaked out by not having the phone today, nor will I be a month from now. I'm allowing him to dig his own grave so that there is no question as to why I will move my account. I told him from the begining (10 years ago) to never bring me rumors, only facts. In my business, you let people hang themselves! You don't just tell them to pound sand because you "think" they might be lieing to you.

He believes this to be a fact, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt (for now). He knows that if I like the EVO, I will swap out all of the phones for EVO's.

This is the last time I'll say this, I was REPEATING what I was told, I wasn't putting a gun to anyone's head and telling them to take the information as the truth :rolleyes:

Clearly you wanted some feedback on the rumor, otherwise you wouldn't have posted it.

Upvote 0
Clearly you wanted some feedback on the rumor, otherwise you wouldn't have posted it.

Of course I did...I don't need the "troll" comments or the "you're a moron if you believe that BS" comments though. I wanted to do what I could to keep this guy honest. I put my vendor's feet to the fire on his statement before I posted here. I reminded him that I won't tolerate waiting an additional month to spend (an already accounted for) $30,000 on phones, "IF" there is actually NOTHING to wait for. I've been reading the Hero forum for months to stay on top of things, this was my first ever thread though.

Peace

Come on guys, he joined up just to have some fun! I often went to my local meeting of iPhone fanatics to tell them that their brand new iPhone would soon be outdated. It was so much fun to see them scream!

Look brutha, we spend over $16,000 per month on Sprint service and we are a "small" company of 250 people. I DEMAND the "facts" from my subordinates so that I can make good business decisions on a daily basis. I expect NO LESS from my vendors. Without good and factual information, you can NOT make good decisions. I put my Vendor's words up here to check his "facts". I'm currently leaning (really far) that he is wrong. I WILL make an appropriate business decision regarding our business relationship after his time runs out. 1st week in July was his promise. If he doesn't deliver a 1.6ghz EVO to me in that week, I will be moving my account elsewhere.

To say that I'm spending my time on this thread to be a prankster is irresponsible and asinine.

Upvote 0
Why would you dump someone because of misinformation about a freakin' phone???

What a great question...I'm glad you asked. Let's say my business is HEAVILY data dependant...more importantly, I need to get information to my employees as quickly as technologically possible. Data that isn't quite large enough to warrant a netbook running an expensive cellular broadband connection but not in such small amounts that emails or texts could do the trick. Along comes a device (EVO) that promises to deliver EXACTLY what I need to do my job and keep my employees and customers happy. Oh, yeah...I should also mention....At a time in our economic history where only the strongest businesses survive.

So...you are my Sprint Vendor...and you tell me that "IF" I wait a month, I can get a faster EVO than the one out today. Meanwhile,...I have 150 employees clammering to have the quickest and most efficient sales tool I can offer them. ( Again...the EVO fits perfectly for what they need). A month of waiting, "could" cost this small business 4 or 5 digits worth of revenue.

Ya know...I've said WAY too much as a response to your question but I hope I've cleared up my reasons for bringing this up for some of the azzhats in this thread?

Peace.

Upvote 0

Welcome to the internet, people, unfortunately, don't read. :(

Yes, he wanted feedback, but the majority of the posts here are unnecessary.

I think you got some pretty rock solid reasons as to why your source is full of it, but this being the internet, of course you're going to get some trollish comments.

He shouldn't get those comments though.

Reminder to all to keep it civil and ON-TOPIC. Please refrain from name calling, etc. No need to be rude to the OP about things that he heard.... :)

Reactions: reemas
Upvote 0
I went to setup my swap from the Hero to EVo with my Sprint guy yesterday and this is what he told me. "In July (approx. the first week) the 1.6ghz Snapdragon will be released. I asked him was this rumor or fact and he said FACT. He suggested I wait and that's what I'm doing. (background on my relationship withthis guy) My company has about 150 phones with him and he knows to NEVER give me bad information or he will face the consequences. He has a private phone store (not a regular "Sprint" store). He knows I can EASILY move my business to a "Sprint" store....so for now I believe him.

He also told me that HTC will have a dual-core EVO out either later this year or early 2011 FWIW.

I apologize if this info. has already been brought up here before...I'm new here.

Peace.

In

I LOL'D, hard.

Upvote 0
I went to setup my swap from the Hero to EVo with my Sprint guy yesterday and this is what he told me. "In July (approx. the first week) the 1.6ghz Snapdragon will be released. I asked him was this rumor or fact and he said FACT. He suggested I wait and that's what I'm doing. (background on my relationship withthis guy) My company has about 150 phones with him and he knows to NEVER give me bad information or he will face the consequences. He has a private phone store (not a regular "Sprint" store). He knows I can EASILY move my business to a "Sprint" store....so for now I believe him.

He also told me that HTC will have a dual-core EVO out either later this year or early 2011 FWIW.

I apologize if this info. has already been brought up here before...I'm new here.

Peace.

In

Time to find a new rep. That guy is a doofus.

Upvote 0
If what you say is true, I just do not know why a rep would turn down a sale because of a nonexistent phone.

Because, unless I misread the thread, the vendor doesn't actually have any EVO phones right now. So, in order to stop a client from going to another vendor, he makes up a story about a fictional phone to get the client to wait for just one month, long enough to get EVO phones in stock. Then, even though the client said they would drop him for bad information, he offers them a good deal, sells off all his stock in one go, and keeps the client. That's how I see it, anyway.

Upvote 0
Because, unless I misread the thread, the vendor doesn't actually have any EVO phones right now. So, in order to stop a client from going to another vendor, he makes up a story about a fictional phone to get the client to wait for just one month, long enough to get EVO phones in stock. Then, even though the client said they would drop him for bad information, he offers them a good deal, sells off all his stock in one go, and keeps the client. That's how I see it, anyway.

No disrespect intended mallet but for you to assume that scenario would also assume that I'm a sucker! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....shame on me. "IF" he was lieing about the 1.6ghz (facts as he assured me) in July then he fooled me once..."IF" he tries to sell me a 1ghz EVO in the first week of July instead of the 1.6ghz that he testified to me as being the "Thing to wait for" and I fall for it, even with discounts or incentives...then "SHAME on ME!!!"

I do not want or need liars in my personal or business life. "IF" he delivers a 1.6ghz EVO to me in the timeframe he promised, then all is forgiven!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones