$1.99 Car Air Vent Mount Holder Cradle for htc EVO 4GAccessories

Last Updated:

1. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. EVO Dead

EVO Dead New Member

Just right for my car which has a soft leather & textured dash which is not appropriate for those craddles with a suction cup base. I also don't like looking at things sticking out of my windshield and blocking my line of sight. I remember with my Garmin, I used to mount it by shoving it's antenna into the car's AC vents. This will work great for my EVO.

3. jjsevier

jjsevier New Member

I just ordered this, it's simple and the price is certainly right.

4. bvbull200

bvbull200 Banned

Let me know if the part that holds the phone is removable and if/how you could permanently mount it to a backplate. I have built my own custom mount for my vehicle and I'm using a universal holder from a different eBay bundle. I like it, but it has a slight rattle. I would need to mount this piece to a plate either by adhesive or by screwing it in (prefer this).

5. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

i had the TP2 version of this and it holds it really tight to the vent because of the springs so it clamps to the vent. i just wish the actual phone holder piece was more expandable, has a claw, or you're able to get a different backplate to connect to the vent mount.

6. ZNA03

ZNA03 Well-Known Member

I ordered that about 2 weeks ago... should be here any day now. :)

7. HKD

HKD Member

Looks good, except I can't make my Evo a dash mount camera if it's on my vent.

8. rotorrocket

rotorrocket Member

ordered one.

9. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

I currently have this mount that I bought for my Samsung Moment
    Car Mount Windshield Holder for Phone GPS PSP MP3 - eBay (item 370264520184 end time Aug-19-10 09:18:26 PDT)
    It's a fantastic generic mount that works beautifully with the Evo in my seidio LE whatever case. However I would love to be able to attach it to the vent. Now after looking at your suggestion's detailed pics, I see that it seems to have the exact same connectors on the back. So I may pick up one of the vent mounts you suggested, and attempt to attach my bracket for the best of both worlds;).

10. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

So... anyone with one of these original vent mount holders want to post a review or some pictures?