• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1-Click Lag Fix from XDA

I just did this and the fastest run I've gotten is 2280. This feels like a whole new phone. I really notice it on the apps that used to take a few seconds when loading data, like the marketplace or a web page that isn't a mobile site.

But I think I might have a problem. I used the update.zip method and reinstalled packages and everything went smoothly. However when I opened MCR Scripts I first clicked on LagFix1024.sh file and it started working and after a bunch of white lettering it automatically restarted my phone. When It fininshed starting up i opened quadrant and only scored an 860. So it obviously didn't work. I then clicked the RemoveFix.sh file in MCR scripts to remove the file that i thought i had just downloaded and it said i was denied. So I clicked the LagFix512.sh file and it started downloading that file and after a bunch of white writing it told me that it was complete. I exited MCR Scripts and opened quadrant and scored over 2000!

However here is my problem/concern. I later in the day had to shut off my phone for work and when i restarted it i realized that the boot/startup logos after the AT&T logo are gone. All i see is the att boot screen and then it goes black for a few seconds while the sound of the 3g screen and the Galaxy s screen play in the backround. Then it boots up normally.
So for those of you that used the update.zip method my question for you is do you still have all of your boot screens and is it normal for mine to be gone? If this shouldn't be happening is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance for the help.

I at first used the earlier version of the update.zip (not the 1-click lag fix). It worked fine, and I had no issues at all. Boot screen was normal and everything. I was wondering if your problem came from using one of the newer ones, and so I attempted to uninstall my fix so I can install the new one.

Bad mistake on my part. As i tried to uninstall the lag fix, it failed midway and I kept getting FC on EVERYTHING. I ended up having to flash back to stock. I'm now going to try the newest 1-click lag fix, 2-3 and see what's up.

Upvote 0
I at first used the earlier version of the update.zip (not the 1-click lag fix). It worked fine, and I had no issues at all. Boot screen was normal and everything. I was wondering if your problem came from using one of the newer ones, and so I attempted to uninstall my fix so I can install the new one.

Bad mistake on my part. As i tried to uninstall the lag fix, it failed midway and I kept getting FC on EVERYTHING. I ended up having to flash back to stock. I'm now going to try the newest 1-click lag fix, 2-3 and see what's up.

Well thanks for trying to help and sorry that happened to you. Hopefully the new one wont give you any problems.

Upvote 0
Well thanks for trying to help and sorry that happened to you. Hopefully the new one wont give you any problems.

lol unfortunately, I got similar results again. The 1-click lag fix 2-3 installed and worked perfectly fine... again, except for uninstalling. This time, it says everything was going fine. It rebooted... and upon reboot, i got the same issues of nonstop FC messages. I had to keep pulling my battery out and restarting in order to get into settings to enable my debugging before too many FC messages piled up.

What sucks even more is that I totally did not expect uninstallation to have any issues, so I never even backed up my phone rofl. I'm such a noob. :/

As a matter of fact, I'm so noob that I've never done a backup nor do I know what exactly backs up when I do clockwork mod. I just got this phone not too long ago. Maybe I'll try again sometime tonight (damn I'm flashing a lot today, the ladies will be happy).

Edit: don't worry about it man, I'm learning new things about my phone.

Upvote 0
I just installed the all-in-one update.zip version that roots, installs busybox, and installs the lag fix. Got a quadrant score of 2261. I'll let you guys know more about how smooth the interface is after some testing.

Update: Right off the bat, I'm noticing some animations/fading in the ui that I never noticed before. Everlands game is loading quicker, maybe half the time spent on the splash screens. Bank of America app is spending much less time loading. The downloads tab in the market loads almost instantly when it usually takes 10seconds to load all my programs. Note that I am killing processes to make sure they just aren't loading fast because they were already running.
care to post the update.zip file? Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
hi all,

i am new to android and just recently did the unleash the beast mod on my captivate.

i tried doing this and maybe that is my problem, but now my phoneboots normally up until the galaxy s logo.

that keeps doing the pulsing light thing for a VERY long time until that stops and i thought it would boot normally so i can just remove the lag fix. well after the glowing s dissappears, the screen stays black and the four touch keys stay lit up and i can press on them and they look like they are able to be pressed.

i realize that i got way over my head in all of this, is there any way to fix it?

please help if you can,
Alex

Upvote 0
hi all,

i am new to android and just recently did the unleash the beast mod on my captivate.

i tried doing this and maybe that is my problem, but now my phoneboots normally up until the galaxy s logo.

that keeps doing the pulsing light thing for a VERY long time until that stops and i thought it would boot normally so i can just remove the lag fix. well after the glowing s dissappears, the screen stays black and the four touch keys stay lit up and i can press on them and they look like they are able to be pressed.

i realize that i got way over my head in all of this, is there any way to fix it?

please help if you can,
Alex

Mine did this as well, just pull the battery and try booting again, it should resolve itself. I don't know why exactly :) but that's what it did to me.

Upvote 0
hi all,

please help if you can,
Alex

My problem was I selected EXT4 option, I hard reset ( I backed up my phone) and redid the root (5 min to do) then re-ran the SLA4 app and selected EXT2, now runs no problem :D

Upvote 0
Prior to one click lag fix....
photo1.jpg

after 1 click lag fix
photo-29.jpg

yes thats 873 to 2105 wow and its an instant downloadable apk now search for ryansza youll finf it. Was so easy. Sacred the shit out of me at first, you have to install the ext2 tools first, then run the one click lag fix v1+ then reboot in recovery mode and just choose reboot, the phone will just make its boot sounds and u will see the att logo and hear the usual sounds but it will just sit there for like 2 minutes or so and nothing happens.....then it will progress as usual. if it doesnt yank the batter boot in recovery and hit reboot again and it will do the same thing again and just wait it out its the one click kag fix doing its thing. after it finally finished booting i reran the quadrant score and DAMN! and oh yea the phone is crazy fast.

Upvote 0
Like everyone else my Quadrant scores are very high. I saw the biggest real world performance from Google Listen, Market (viewing and downloading/installing), Quick Office (opening files), Email (saving attachments to the phone) and general snappiness of the home screen even after immediately leaving a program or installing one.

Upvote 0
I am a pretty low tech newbie. I got my android device in August 2010. Here is a picture of my Samsung Captivate's benchmark after using RyanZA's OCLF. I used his program to Root my Captivate, get Superuser Permission, install EXT2Tools, Busybox, and OneClickLagFix V2.2 (using bind mounts). Everything worked perfect for me the first time through. I did take my time to read everything I could very carefully before stepping through this magic portal. Frankly, I must say is was very easy (and very exciting). The results are awesome!

After rooting and using RyanZA's OCLF, I aquired Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, SQLite Editor, Terminal Emulator, and ROM Manager. I can now download apps directly to my Captivate from a variety web sources. I never used a computer to do any of this, and I never use a computer to sideload apps.

Attachments

• CAP201011031600.jpg
    CAP201011031600.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0
Thanks. That is a easy process. My benchmark is 2340, which used to be about 900. That is crazy.

Caring about Quadrant scores when using a lag fix is "crazy" since they are artificially-inflated. The way the laghacks work throw the measurements out of whack and they become meaningless and have no actual proportional relation to the new performance speed of the device.

It's like throwing your car into neutral, stepping on the gas, and thinking 4000 RPMs means you're going crazy fast...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones