• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1 Click root app on the market

I have the DX and have had it rooted for some time now using the Z4 root v.1.3.0 on the 2.2 froyo but last night Verizon pushed the 2.3.3 gingerbread onto my phone the system ver. is 4.5.605 and now after the update I am finding that it is no longer rooted. I see that you guys updated this post saying that I can use the Z4 (which is still installed on my phone) still but I have also seen on my googling that alot of posts are talking about you actually have to revert back to froyo to root gingerbread. Is this right, or can I just press permanent root again on my Z4 v1.3.0 OR do i have to unroot and re-root. so many questions. sorry, just looking for clarification on the minor nuances.

PS. I have seen other posts that talk about a one click method with gingerbreak while others talk about using Z4 v1.1.0. I have no idea what is experimental and what is tested and who is just talking out of their asses. your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, and welcome. No, the z4 root method no longer works with gingerbread. Nor should you use gingerbreak. We now have the one-click-root method, which is very easy. It was originally developed for the Droid 3, but I used it on my Droid X and it worked great. Here is a link: [Root X] D3 1-click Root Method - Works on GB.602 and GB.605

Reactions: ChiefSlappaHo
Upvote 0
Will it work on milestne x?

Also it says if it dls in. Zip to 'copy' it to your device and rename. How do ucopy to ur device if u just dled to ur device??

Says have a backup ROM if something goes wrong. Now where the heck can I get a backuprom?

This is all over the place.. nuts!

All I want it to root my milestone x. As smart as some of u people are it shouldnt be that difficult.

My battery life is TERRIBLE!! I have the 3500 GG and am lucky to get 6 hrs. Ii only have 2-3 apps installed. Man.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones