1 ghz enough?General

1. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

So I have a captivate I've been overwhelmingly happy with. I got it when it was still "high end" and it is a bit "mid range" these days..

I know the Lenovo A1 is only a single core 1 ghz processor.

My question is will the 1 ghz processor be enough to compensate for the extra resolution?

I Know my girlfriends nook only really slows down with stock software if I'm loading a big page (Like the XDA list page where it is just bigger than your average web page.)

I am wondering if maybe the A1 might be more optimized or pack enough extra power to smooth out some of the bigger pages..

Advertisement
    :
  2. jazzkaur

jazzkaur New Member

I am also waiting for the Ideapad A1 users to chime in about their views. This tablet is now available in my country and I really want to know how it performs in real life.
  3. wingzfly

wingzfly New Member

Well I just got mine a few hours ago and it's not bad. It's a little slow when dealing with full-screen things like flipping book pages in Aldiko, but it seems to be just fine with most tasks. I'm able to multi-task with no problem. I was a bit let down, the Lenovo site showed what looked like an SD AND a micro-SD card slot (and a few websites corroborated this) but it turns out the SD was really a SIM slot and the US versions didn't ship with SIM slots so it came with just the micro-SD.

I'm really happy with it. I got the 16 GB version for $250 (It's now $200 if you buy it through amazon) and it's got good, solid speakers, a BEAUTIFUL look and high-end feel to it (very sturdy and clean lines), and it responds well. I am waiting until it's rooted and a CM7 (or better yet, ICM) ROM gets put out for it because I've heard the bootloader is unlocked and I think the processor can be easily and safely overclocked.
  4. fredyujob

fredyujob New Member

It's already rooted. but you need to have a MICRO SD to do this.
    There is no news for CM7 yet.
  5. ducpiloti

ducpiloti Well-Known Member

I echo wingzfly's comments, this is a great tab at this price point, possibly the best one. The 1Gz is no problem. I can play Youtube in HD and Netflix without any issues. I also played some Quicktime files without any problems.