1 must have free app

Last Updated:

1. jturkish

jturkish Member This Topic's Starter

its called Advanced Task Killer and u can get from marketplace or whatever googles app store is called.

there is no task manager on the device to close apps so alot of issues like slowness or freezing can be remedied, even battery life can be extended if u keep the number of running apps to a minimum.

also keep in mind pressing hold down the home key shows most recent used apps, it doesnt show what apps are currently running

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I like ASTRO personally but that's just me.

3. cozper

cozper Member

FWIW, I believe there IS a task killer included in Android 2.0. To get there, you go to Settings -> Applications -> Running Services, and you can end any program that is actively running.

You can create a shortcut on the home screen by pushing and holding the home screen, selecting Shortcuts -> Settings -> Running Services.

4. jturkish

jturkish Member This Topic's Starter

im certain ur correct but for some reason i recall that route lacking something or not working properly

5. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Well-Known Member

Worked for me. Thanks.

6. cozper

cozper Member

You could very well be right. I really don't know much about Android yet...

I did find that the running applications in Android's native app manager were the same as those listed in other task killers, but the way the native app manager stops the program could be different/less effective...I just have no idea.