1 week post purchase ?'s

Last Updated:

1. mlw911

mlw911 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ony my second Evo and have a couple questions coming from a Noob.

1. In reference to multitasking, if I am on a web page and want to hop over to make a call or check stock price widgets, how do I hop back over to the page I was browsing online without losing my spot? Now it just resets back to my bookmarks which is really annoying. Can I not do this?

2. What are everyones thoughts on the best web browser? Dolphin seems cool though I hate the hand articulation movements. Is there a way to make Dolphin substitute for stock browser bookmarks?

3. Lastly - is there an easy way to get Hotmail accounts to my phone. I did it with my wifes phone but can't figure out how I did it. It was easier then exporting from hotmail to gmail I thought.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. 81_

81_ Banned

1. i just click home, do whatever, then click back on internet and i'm back where i left

2. got me, i'm useing stock

3. click on mail and then click pop3. enter your username and password. phone will sync with hotmail.. if you need to add a second account, open mail, then menu, more, new account

3. htmlcssguru

htmlcssguru Well-Known Member

#1 - hold your Home button down for a couple of seconds and a window pops up to show the last 6 apps/programs you accessed. If you were on the web then made a phone call you'll see the icon in this window for Internet, hit it and you'll be right where you were

Also, if you are in your browser, hold down the 'back' button and a list will appear with your history so you can jump around.

#2 - I don't know if the latest version of the Dolphin browser is 100% compatible with EVO. Be sure to read the comments in the app market

#3 - Your Gmail app and the Mail app are different. To set up Hotmail, Yahoo or even POP3 mail accounts go to Mail.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

If you hit the home button from the browser, do whatever you have to do, then go back to the browser, it should open the page you were last on. Mine does this at least.

I use the stock browser, but I also keep Skyfire ready for those few sites the stock broswer wont load.

Use the Mail app, not Gmail app. Add it as a POP account. Hotmail is supposed to be working on Exchange, so you should be able to add it as that soon.