+1 When Dialing Out.

Last Updated:

1. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My phone entries are all area code first, then 7 digit phone number. I've noticed that it places a 1 in front of every number I dial out. I know I can turn this off, but is it necessary to do this by Sprint? I know my ATT phone didn't need the 1 in front, area code by itself worked fine, even on long distance calls.

I also noticed, if I just type the number in, no area code ... it looks at it like it's a totally new number than the one in my phone. My last phone wouldn't care if I put area code first, it would pick up that contact and show that picture. Any thoughts on this?

Advertisement
  2. ez2bgman

ez2bgman Member

+1

I'm having the exact same issue. I never had this problem on my Moment running 2.1.

3. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone?

4. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

it doesn't matter if the one is there.. for instance where I live in Cali.. we HAVE to put the 1 even if it is across the street due to how the area codes here are..

you don't get long distance charges or anything.. so its not really an issue :)

5. ez2bgman

ez2bgman Member

I think you misunderstand the issue. The issue is that if a number is not dialed exactly like you have it listed in your contacts, it shows up as an unknown number. Example: if I call my house w/o using the area code, the Contact Picture does not show during the call and it shows up as an "Unknown" contact in the Call Log. If I include the area code, then all is well. I never had this issue with my Moment running a modded 2.1.

6. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

don't know because I have to use the area code on everything :) so everyone shows up on my caller id.. sorry :)

7. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

Same issue here!