10.1(beta) instructions?

Last Updated:

1. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I downloaded the flash player beta wiith 2.2 update running. So, how do I get it to work? Just go to a site with a flash video and press play? Is there a way to put it in full screen? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

did you install it?

3. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes I did. I got a video playing but its unwatchable due to slowness. How can I put it in full screen to avoid other flash advertisements on the site from slowing down the video?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Taht I do not know- I think it may be dependent upon the web site designer's coding, not on the video / flash ability itself....

5. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

To make it full screen, long press on the video, and press the rectangle that appears in the upperleft part of the video.

6. chainsawmike

chainsawmike Member

I downloaded com.adobe.flashplayer-1.apk . How do I install it?

7. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

When I go to the market and use the 3D barcode, it tells me it can't find the file. Anyone else? What am I doing wrong?

8. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Correct, and I believe this was implemented in flash-beta2 & 3, if you are running beta 1 there is no full screen option.

You need to run the file. If you do not have a file browser yet (why there is still no file browser in android, I dunno), get "astro file manager" free from the market. Browse to your sdcard/download folder, and click on the file. It will install it for you.:)

BTW, that looks like you have beta1, beta3 is the newest version.

If you want it right away, try searching the web.

There are lots of reports on here that flash is not showing in the market. It seems the problem is not that flash is not in the market, but they haven't fixed it to show up. When you search the market, the market knows which phone/OS version you are using. (This is good because if you were using a G1 with 1.5/1.6, and an app was made only to run on 2.x, you wouldn't see it in the market). AFAIK flash was only available to Nexus One users who got the official update. If you did not have that phone/OS it would not show up. Motorola & Google dropped the ball by not having this ready for the OTA update, but I'm sure it will get fixed soon.

9. carassius

carassius Well-Known Member

Manually upgraded to froyo (working great...few minor bugs to work through on my end) and installed apk for Flash. Tested some videos and they're slow and choppy. I have seen others report this here and there.

Just in case I installed an earlier version than beta 3, what is the most current version? I have 10.1.72.7.

If this is not the most current, could someone please post a link to the proper apk?

Thanks.