10.1 note's screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. HUYI82

HUYI82 Member

does anyone know if the screen has gorrilla glass installed? if not goes the screen have anything similar installed? i looked on google for a answer but nothing came up.

2. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

i believe it does. i cant tell lol. but mostly all Samsung's high end devices have it.
  3. ZackyZombieface

ZackyZombieface Well-Known Member

4. HUYI82

HUYI82 Member

well that is worrying because it would mean i would just have to be extra careful with the screen when i use it :( gsmarena says it doesn't have gorilla glass either so that doesn't look good.
  5. Dazzaman1

Dazzaman1 Member

Lots of info about the note having gorilla glass just googled it and found some info.

*Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Product CodesN8000GSM Bands850 / 900 / 1800 / 19003G/4G BandsHSPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 (3G model)Display10.1-inch PLS TFT LCD at 1280 x 800149 ppi pixel ....(...density Corning Gorilla Glass..)...ProcessorSamsung Exynos 4 Quad1.4 GHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPUGraphicsMali-400 MP4RAM2 GBStorage16/32/64 GB internal user storagemicroSDXC slotConnectivityWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/nBluetooth 4.0A-GPS & GLONASSInfraredDLNA/Wi-Fi Direct/Wi-Fi HotspotCamera5 MP rear camera with LED flash1.9 MP front camera720p/30 video recording (rear), 720p/30 recording (front)PortsSamsung proprietary connector3.5mm audio jackS-Pen slotBatteryLi-ion 7,000 mAh non-removableLaunch OSAndroid 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich"Touchwiz UXLaunch DateAugust 2012Size & Weight262 x 180 x 8.9 mm600
    EvanCaerleon likes this.
  6. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

dude dont worry if u treat ur device right itll be fine.
    i use mine with out a screen protector since launch day.
    just be carefull
  7. HUYI82

HUYI82 Member

can you provide a link where you got all this information? some sites use false information just to get people to view their website and get hits, i will only trust confirmed reputable sources, google has a tendency to use your search terms to spam you with dud results, it's impossible to find what you want without wasting hours to find it, from what i found from gogole was info on the gaxaxy tab 2 having gorilla glass, nothing on the note 10.1 (although google with try it's best to deceive people to click links to get revenue by spamming your search terms in every search result)

yeah, i'm going to get a strong leather case for the note and will just have to be careful with it.
  8. Jetmerritt

Jetmerritt Well-Known Member

I'm going naked on mine. No kids on it and being really careful. Time will tell.
  9. pwatkins

pwatkins Active Member

The Note 10.1 has been out for 4 months and there may already a million in use daily around the world. I couldn't care if it has gorilla glass, chicken glass or even glass made by elves in Lothlorien. All I care about is does the screen break? In this and all other forums on the GN10.1, I have yet to see a report of a screen breakage. If this was a problem I believe I would have. Samsung is the world's biggest producer of digital screens for TVs, computer monitors, phones and tablets. If nobody can decide what type of glass it is then it really doesn't matter!

This screen is great. It is fantastically sensitive both to fingers and the amazing SPen. If it is not made by gorillas I don't care! But then I always buy on users opinions not specs.
    jonrud and Dazzaman1 like this.
  10. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Ok. Here's the deal. AF exists to help people. Sometimes you get help you don't agree with. But that doesn't mean you can be rude about it. And if someone rubs you the wrong way? Report, don't retort. A wise man once said, attack the issues, not each other.

Thread has been cleaned, and I expect we'll keep it on track from here on out, right?

Thanks for understanding :)
    ScandaLeX and El Presidente like this.