1. telechip 1ghz

2. rockchip

0 vote(s)
  3. zt-180

Last Updated:

1. rabidgod

rabidgod Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 8, 2010
    Just ordered one, anyone know what the difference is between them? I have noticed a lot of praise and worry expressed about the zt-180, but nothing really said about the TC chip pads. Id like to see a side by side video comparison, if someone has access to both.

2. motley

motley Member

Aug 2, 2010
    if you see a TC that says 1ghz or dual core, they are combining the CPU and DSP to come up with this frequency. This is misleading advertising. The Zenithink CPU operates near 1ghz by itself, so this platform has more potential once the firmwares catch up to the more stable TC firmwares that have been out for awhile. In that, I chose to invest in the potential and picked up a ZT-180 for $205 shipped.
  3. icurafu

icurafu Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    For your purpose, you might enjoy the TC more. It has a good battery life for the weight and suitable for basic web browsing. I have a smartq v7 which lets you allocate very little ram to the DSP giving you more ram to browse.

Zenithink is faster and has a standard higher resolution, but you do that at a sacrifice of battery life.
  4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Jul 9, 2010

Give it time and we'll start seeing somewhat more stable and reliable tablets...
  5. Yeah I agree
    The minimum 'targets' below have not been met by anything out there

- android 2.2 w/ flash (otherwise whats the point, buy an ipad lol), at least 2.1 w/ 2.2 and flash upgrade guaranteed down the pipe
    - marketplace
    - rock solid 720p (pref handles xvid and x264 in mkv containers natively, stuff remuxing everything!!!)
    - battery life >6 hours active usage
    - touchscreen that is at least as decent as the top of the line resistives e.g. nokia n900, if not capactive
    - as 'snappy' as droid, N1 on android 2.1

of course above is my opinion but unless its a specific purpose device or you're just going on price alone, if it doesn't meet above criteria you're better off sucking it up and getting an ipad than going with something that will drive you (me) crazy