10' drop..explosion of batt., sd, back.. no problem..thanks HTCGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Akkuzo

Akkuzo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I dropped my magic 10 feet down the gap between a flight of stairs onto a steel floor. I watched in horror as the backplate, battery, and sd card exploded from the phone. I ran down the stairs, put the pieces back together, pushed the power button and it booted right up. There isn't even a scratch on it. Everything is fine. Thank you HTC.

Advertisement
  2. jscrimshaw

jscrimshaw Active Member

Try that with an Iphone and see what happens.. When I had my Iphone, I droped it when I tried to pull it out of my pocket:eek:.. It fell on its side and the screen cracked:mad:.. Now I got the Magic and its nice to know that its built like a tank.. Thanks for doing the impromptu drop test:D

BTW... Its awesome that your Magic is working though :)

3. tigrr07

tigrr07 Well-Known Member

I've dropped my magic out of my jacket pocket a few times and it's pretty durable, but I also have a hard gel case for it, bounces like a ball...lol.

Glad to hear your magic is still working!

4. zba78

zba78 Member

Glad to hear it's working fine. Always a heart in the mouth moment when you first pick it up and look at the screen for scratches/cracks. I actually use the white leather pouch that cam in the box. So far no problems

5. Bethbaby

Bethbaby Active Member

Yeah mine has endured quite a few drops to the floor... and as I've no carpet in my house it's never a soft landing!!! It is the sturdiest phone I've ever owned!! :)