• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

10 inch tablet with no cameras?

ianr

Android Enthusiast
Aug 7, 2009
Hello all, I spend a lot of time in data centres in which I am not permitted to take any cameras in. Consequently I'd like to get a 10" tablet with 3G but with no cameras, front or rear, do such things exist? I could get a 3G iPad 1 but I need an android tablet so I can use my apps and accounts from my Nexus S so the tablet would also ideally need Android market rather than one of those proprietary app stores. I need 3g so I can browse the net as I have to leave my phone in the car as it has a camera and would prefer not to buy a new phone if I can get a tablet with 3g instead.

I'll be looking into this more over the coming weeks, but thought I'd see if anyone here has been nosing through the currently available tablets enough to know the answer or has a similar requirement that they have already answered.

Thanks,

Ian

I'd like an Archos Q9 10 incher, I called them to see if it was available without a camera fitted but they're not interested, so I'd have to pull a tablet apart myself and remove the various bits.. Not too interested in doing that if I can avoid it. I did ask them if their repair department could do it but most repair shops these days just board-swap due to the components being so hard to change so I doubt I'll get a positive reply, if any at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones