10 Minute video limitSupport

Last Updated:

1. mattbatt

mattbatt Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to put video on my Samsung Moment sph-m900. I have found that it likes mp4s at 480x320, mp3 @192, and 25 frames per second. All of those settings work just fine, as long as the video is under 10 minutes. As soon as you go over 10 minutes or introduce a file format (avi) that the phone doesn't recognize it makes it a 0kb file. As soon as I disconnect the phone from USB and it goes through it's "preparing SD card" thing it zeros out the files it doesn't like. I confirmed this by placing a 15 minute video in a folder, unmounted the SD and then remounted it and the file was 0kb the file name is still there but the data appears to be gone.
    WTF:mad:!!!
    I have searched the interwebs and have found no one else with this problem can someone else with a Moment, or any android phone, just confirm for me that I'm not crazy?
    Thanks
    Matt Batt

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

i REGULARLY play full length movies on my moment without problem. mp4 (before rock player) and now .avi. i have NEVER had a problem.

mattbatt likes this.
  3. mattbatt

I'll have to try a different computer and sd card.

4. mattbatt

It seems that Teracopy was to blame. Teracopy is an advanced copying tool that does a whole bunch of stuff and something was screwing up the file copy from the HD to the microSD.

Thank you again EmoTonyB for proving that I am just crazy it's not my phone.

5. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

now if only my wife would beluieve me when i tell her SHE is crazy ;)

6. mattbatt

OK I spoke too soon. I now think that maybe it is the Samsung MicroSD card that came with the phone. I have put another card in and I SO FAR haven't had any issues. We will see.