10 sec delay

Last Updated:

1. ayush20m

ayush20m Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whenever I am using any app and press the home button, the home screen blacks out for a few secs and it takes around 10 sec to get all the icons back and before I can start using my phone again. I am using a non rooted mytouch 3g.

This problem does not happen if I exit an app by pressing the back button. It becomes very annoying at times. Plz help.

Advertisement
  2. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Yep, that's about right. lol

If you root the phone there's a way to improve that (and it'll run faster in general), but running stock what you're experiencing is completely normal.

3. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

I wouldn't say 10 secs is that normal, my phone was never that sluggish when I was running stock.

I recon two possibilities...

1. You're using a task killer which is killing Home, so it has to reload every time you go home.

2. You have some widget or rogue app which is causing the slow down.

I would start by getting rid of any task killer you are using (they are really not necessary) and get rid of widgets one by one to see if it makes a difference.

4. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Something's not right there. If you're just running stock android it should be instantaneous. It sounds like you're running a home replacement app, something like PandaHome or aHome (or Sense UI, do you have a HTC?). Most home replacement apps shut down the default Home app, which means it has to start up again from scratch if you've set your Home button to go the default home screen. Do you have one of those apps installed?

Most task killers should ignore the Home app unless you go to the trouble of shutting down the actual process, and if it was a rogue widget or app, the slowdown would be cross-system, not just when going to the homescreen

5. ayush20m

No i am not using any replacement app for home.

I removed the task killer and still the problem persists.

6. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

Try going into settings>manage apps and clicking on different apps like Facebook and browser and see how large the cache is. Try clearing the cache on some of your programs. That should help. Also go into sd card and phone storage and check your internal storage on my G1 if it gets below 25 MB it starts to get laggy. Clear caches/delete programs to increase internal storage. Try rebooting most phones need to be restarted every couple of days. Your lag is not that bad, if it were worse I would say factory reset.

7. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

I second that, 10 seconds is a long time. I hope you can isolate the problem.

8. ayush20m

Thanks for the suggestion. But I have already rooted the phone now. Sorry wont be able to confirm if that was the solution to my problem.