• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$10, tax and pick-up at BestBuy

BrianInfo

Lurker
Apr 8, 2010
The store rep. at La Brea in Los Angeles explained to me when I made the reservation:

1.) The $10 is not optional, even no 4G available in LA.
2.) $50+$4.88(tax) will be deducted from the $199. (Bring the receipt along with the gift card to be safe)
3.) BestBuy will call on June 3rd to set up pick-up appointment on June 4th.

The store rep. at La Brea in Los Angeles explained to me when I made the reservation:

1.) The $10 is not optional, even no 4G available in LA.
2.) $50+$4.88(tax) will be deducted from the $199. (Bring the receipt along with the gift card to be safe)
3.) BestBuy will call on June 3rd to set up pick-up appointment on June 4th.

same thing for me in Orange County :) no taxes on mine.. it tried to charge it and my rep changed it to flat $50 :)

Upvote 0
You will be taxed on whatever the total is. I'd have to dig out my old TP reciept to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure you'll get taxed on just the new contract price.

One thing to mention about the BB reserve for the EVO though - I had to pay $3.00 tax on my $50 reservation. And I know I'll have to pay full tax on the $450 for the phone. They're double taxing me! I know it's only $3 but it's lame.

And there's no 4G available here either. With the new $5/month for having a spending limit (lame) and me having two lines on the account, I'll be paying another $20 a month to have my EVO while the other one is just a BB Pearl... I'm probably going to have to call and complain about that because it's starting to add up quickly!

Upvote 0
You will be taxed on whatever the total is. I'd have to dig out my old TP reciept to know for sure, but I'm pretty sure you'll get taxed on just the new contract price.

One thing to mention about the BB reserve for the EVO though - I had to pay $3.00 tax on my $50 reservation. And I know I'll have to pay full tax on the $450 for the phone. They're double taxing me! I know it's only $3 but it's lame.

And there's no 4G available here either. With the new $5/month for having a spending limit (lame) and me having two lines on the account, I'll be paying another $20 a month to have my EVO while the other one is just a BB Pearl... I'm probably going to have to call and complain about that because it's starting to add up quickly!

do the automatic billing to get rid of the $5.00 charge for the spending limit.. it takes a couple months to go into effect but they took my charge off :)

now I don't have to worry about logging in for a payment LOL it will just come out of my account :)

Upvote 0

Dont worry about the double taxing~ In my case, the BestBuy will deduct $54.88 from whatever you spend on June 4th, even though the gift card only shows $50.

Also, as of May 13th 6PM, BestBuy was still trying to fix the taxing problem! So maybe for those who come in late, they wont get charged for the tax on the gift card.

That's why they advise to bring the receipt in case there is a mix-up on June 4th.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones