1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips 10 Tips for S4

1. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    Colchicine, NatGreen, 326 and 3 others like this.
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

One that wasnt listed is if you pull down the notification bar with 2 fingers, it shows all the toggles instead of showing them 5 at a time. Theres a few more i cant think of off the top of my head
    326, charliehowes and lotus49 like this.
  3. bls

bls Well-Known Member

Also, if you wnt a 3x3 number pad in Swype, just start that the Swype key (the blue S in the bottom right) and drag towards the number 5. Makes typing out numbers so much easier.
    newtoandroid99 likes this.
  4. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Maybe we could have a generic tips and tricks thread for the S4?

Tip: If you want the Jellybean logo on your wallpaper, go to Settings -> More -> About device, and tap multiple times on the Android version. After 4 or 5 times, the jellybean image will appear overlayed on your current wallpaper with your current JB version. The text disappears after a couple of seconds and you can take a snapshot; then use that as your new wallpaper!
  5. james_uk

I think that would be a good idea if any mods could create and sticky a topic titled tips and tricks for the S4?
  6. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

There's no need now that the [Tips] prefix is available to allow filtering of topics.
  7. james_uk

Boooo lol
  8. Slug

Yeah I know.... evil Mod. :)

If topics/posts have appropriate and useful keywords though, the Advanced Search feature allows searching on both prefixes and keywords. This makes it very easy to find exactly what you're looking for.
  9. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Yeah if they do. Though I remember the tips thread in S2 becoming more a Q&A rather than tips by the end, so it's tricky either way.
  10. Slug

The facility to add keywords is there whenever a topic is created; if the OP doesn't chose to make use of it there's not a lot that can be done.

The S2 section predated the introduction of thread prefixes btw, hence the stuck thread.
    Kie likes this.