100% awake

Last Updated:

1. wcolon7

wcolon7 Member This Topic's Starter

awake 100% of the time. I have read and installed the handscent text ap, can anyone help. I have handcent set for default.I turned the power off rebooted. It worked for one night it was was great awake time was at 30-40 percent. Now 100% awake.

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

is your device rooted?

do you have any modified ROM on your device?

care to list the market apps you have?

do you have disable screen during charging unchecked?

has this issue happned from day one of your device or recently? did you add or remove anything prior to this issue happening?

3. wcolon7

I have a few games on there from the market,100001 cocktails, backgrounds,labyrinth, pinball, malibo ringtones, movies pandora , color falshlight, are programs. I do not know what rooted is.

4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

hahaa ok safe to say your phone is not rooted nor have a ROM installed :D

do you use bluetooth? there is a thread discussing that that could cause some issues under certain circumstances...

5. dukenewt

dukenewt New Member

Good luck finding out what causes the 100% awake issue. I've gone through 3 Hero's, all have had this issue. My first (google branded) was caused by the sms bug, second Hero, never figured it out and third was caused by turning on the wi-fi. Second and third Hero's were non google branded. I have given up and decided to enjoy my phone until an update arrives. I'm sure it will be fixed at some point.

Phone works great, battery life is shorter but luckily I had an HTC Snap before which uses the same battery. I'm good until an update comes.

6. wcolon7

Thanks for the replies. I am going to wait for the updates also, before I really mess the device up. Other then this I am very happy with phone. It's just like a pc and a lot of fun.

7. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

cool.JPG

I don't really call this an issue since i have a great batteyr life. That's why i am confused maybe people just have bad coverage in certain areas. I use stock msging app and have no problem. How many are having good battery life even with this so called msg issue keeping it awake?

P.s This phone has been on since Wednesday morning and probably will last till 10 tonight before it starts to cry.

8. dukenewt

dukenewt New Member

I usually get about 10 hours with lite use. 7-8 hours under normal use conditions.

9. BigBallin

BigBallin Active Member

whats the little guy in the corner for?

10. Aldo Junior Ao2

Aldo Junior Ao2 Well-Known Member

He is there to protect me from bad people who want to harm me. HEHE. It is the icon for Advance Task Killer.

11. rsbenedict

rsbenedict Well-Known Member

Yeah, no matter how you configure it, the battery life sucks and can't wait for the update to fix the default sms program as I like that one the best.