100% chargingSupport

Last Updated:

1. cashX3r0

cashX3r0 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have noticed that my phone says 100% charging and no longer says 100% charged. Even when on the charger all night, i wake up to 100% charging. I just bought the extended battery and don't want it to ruin it.

Advertisement
  2. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Does it say 100% charging when it's NOT plugged in?

3. cashX3r0

No, everything is normal...except it NEVER says 'charged'. Only charging. the phone doesn't feel warm or anything. Just don't want to overcharge battery.

4. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it stops charging when it's reached a full charge. I had an Incredible until about a week ago, and that's what mine did. Are you using a battery widget, or are you looking at the battery status in settings?

5. willyjay

willyjay Active Member

Are you using the media dock, or plugged into the wall? I'm using the extended battery and when on the dock on the night stand, it will say "100% charging". However, when plugged into an outlet, it says "charged" and doesn't show a %, but has a battery symbol with a lightning bolt in it.

cashX3r0 and GrandMasterB like this.
  6. enrodriguez

enrodriguez New Member

Hi cashX3r0 and willyjay,
    My phone is also stuck at 100%, but that is because I may have disabled too many of the HTC/VZW bloated apps :p For comparison, could you please answer the following:

Are you running 2.2?
    Have you rooted your phone?
    Have you disabled any apps?

7. willyjay

willyjay Active Member

Yes, running 2.2.
    No, not rooted
    No apps disabled

However, we're using Droid X's and you're on an Incredible. May be completely different.

8. enrodriguez

enrodriguez New Member

Quick update, although it seemed like my battery status indicator was stuck at 100% (BTW, it has been off the charger for ~ 8 hours), I am happy to report the battery status indicator has finally dropped down a bit.

This improved battery life may be a result of removing the overhead of the VZW and HTC bloated apps :) Anyways, just wanted pass along the update, since I no longer have the same issue described in this topic.

9. cashX3r0

Thank you. Media docked indeed.

10. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

What he said. You can't overcharge this device. Even if you're using a 3rd party charger, I don't think it's possible. I'm pretty sure the phone itself regulates the charge as well as the stock charger that comes with it. Only older devices, batteries, and/or chargers can have that happen.