• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

100% of contacts have no avatar, MUST the default avatar remain in messenger?

goesonblve

Lurker
May 20, 2013
ok, none of my contacts have photos. i don't want them to have photos either. when i'm using a messenger app, i don't ever seem to have the option of removing the presence of the avatar icon which is that default grey of nothing in particular. i don't need it as a reminder.

is there any way to remove this grey box?

HTC ONE S

* i'm in the middle of updating system
* current, android 4.0.4 to whatever it's updating to and htc sense 4.1

updated to

Android 4.1.1
HTC Sense 4+

i also wish they let us change the messenger colors. who wants a white background?! does no one like using their phones in dark places? i hate highlighting my face from below with a stupid smartphone. i want it to be slick, not obtrusive. the girl to my left is not impressed.

Upvote 0
Yes but rooting won't solve the issue. If you plan on removing stock apps like messaging, you could encounter more trouble than not.

correct, rooting and removing the messenger will not correct the problem within the messaging app.

admittedly i am not going to root my phone now. it feels like it requires some effort and i'm a little too busy atm. i downloaded GO SMS and the feature to remove avatars was there, as well as a bunch of other features that actually makes the messenger pleasant to look at. roboto font everywhere.

it was just that... this made me want to root it > http://blackandroidtheme.com < the urge comes back every so often.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones