100% Stock Rom with OTA Applied?

Last Updated:

1. GTPprix

GTPprix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so who is going to make one? I don't really want to unroot if we can simply run a new ROM ;)

Advertisement
  2. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

You are going to have to if you want a working camera and camcorder.

3. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

What? I thought only Froyo ROMs don't have the camera driver...are you saying Eclair ROMs don't support the camera either?

4. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

I'm saying the new ota has a new kernel, new camera app, new camcorder app, as well as a radio for those apps. So a Rom without the radio will not work right in those areas

5. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

spot on, my situation goes like this, rooted, flashed ruu, so i could get the ota, then decided that it wasn't that important and nandroid restored my old rom, not realizing that would f*ck shiz up. couldn't figure out for a while why the camcorder and videos were not working and its exactly as said, above. I installed new jagerrom for ota and everything is back to normal. though i would like now to just go back to stock original radio+rom. and just wait till all the 2.2 goodies start crankin. I had just gotten stuff set up how I like it too. what a shame. Im hoping titanium backup can help me get back to how things were before. kinda frusterating, however I LOVE learning about this kind of stuff. Wish i had the time and the energy to actually learn the android programming part of it and the adb shell, so i could understand more.

thanks to adrynalyne, for always helping us noobs out. i know personally his comments have helped me more than once.

6. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

I asked this question before but never got an answer...

What if...we are rooted with the leaked update and Verizon puts out the OTA update with everything the same as we have now + froyo?

Could we use a stock rom with update of froyo? (Because our radio will have already been switched)

Just want to see if I could save myself an hours + time not having to downgrade and wipe everything.

7. klownin5643

klownin5643 Well-Known Member

i wouldn't want to even try it, i assume it might be like applying the ota 2x, people have claimed it has bricked their phones, i would revert back to stock, before i installed anytype of official ota just to be safe. i cant say yes or no, but i dont wanna find out.