100% to 90% in 15 minutes, normal?Support

Last Updated:

1. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so, I fully charge my phone.. no WiFi, no BT, Sync of calendar turned off, screen set dime, etc...

is this normal? seems not to me. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

BTW, I am using it in those 15 minutes... I can reproduce this often. Phone is only 3 days old.

3. discohornet

discohornet Well-Known Member

yes it's normal. That percentage is just a number to humor us. For instance once it's charged we don't know if some of the cell is even fully charged. It could be really at about 95 or 92 percent once it's fully charged. We don't know. But bottom line is fifteen minutes of use once charged leading to 90% on the screen is within normal.

4. milrtime83

milrtime83 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is more of a guide. You can't tell if your battery is defective just from that first ~10 percent. You need to compare how long it lasts for the full charge. With very high use (watching a couple movies back to back, girlfriend talking your ear off continuously, etc) you should get 4-6 hrs I think. With normal use you shouldn't have a problem lasting all day. If you are hardly using your phone and still have to charge it in the middle of the afternoon, then you might have a bad battery.

5. Lock-N-Load

thanks guys.. I use a GREAT app - one of my favs - called BatteryTime Lite and it only reports in 10% increments though. So, in 15-18 minutes to drop 10% seemed heavy to me.

also had some odd experiences where is showed near empty, put it on the charger only to see it jump to like 90%... to then drop back down to like 10%. but that only happened once when, for some unknown reason, it drained over night on my bed stand?