100mb for apps?

Last Updated:

1. jalipur123

jalipur123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

so.. i read on another forum that the desire has around 100mb left for apps and u cant save apps on the sd card.
    How the hell did htc think there?
    those mb will vanish rather quick me thinks....

Like android alot, but theres always that little thing that makes iphone better.
    (i own a i7500 btw)

Advertisement
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Same with all Android phones right now - no apps are stored on the SD card until Google issue an update that allows it. Yes it's a pain, but considering the average app is (I am guessing) 1.5MB maybe, it's not too much of an issue right now.

It will become an issue when developers start building bigger, more graphical games, but for now it's okay.

Well...unless you're my son with a T-Mobile Pulse with a tiny amount of memory for apps and which is now filled.

3. jalipur123

jalipur123 Active Member This Topic's Starter

ye its kinda annoying.
    especially now that, as far as i understood, the desire has support for like u said more graphical games as iphone has.
    So its only an update issue?
    hopefully they will update it aswell and not put in ANOTHER model so u have to buy that one to be able to store alot of apps and games.
    Sorry if im negative but im just so annoyed, was set to buy the desire tomorrow but reading this about the app memory storage made me kinda pissed off.

4. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Am sure it'll be a software update - afterall, rooted handsets can already install apps to SD so it must be a software issue. Google claim is security issues that they have to get around.

5. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member

Apps which need a lot of space typically do a minimal install and then download the extra stuff to the SD card. I haven't had a problem with the limitation on my Desire or Hero, but still, I hope the next version of Android will fix this. I fully expect it to be an update so you wouldn't need new hardware, however, when this update is available is anyone's guess.

I wonder how many (if any) developers have ignored Android precisely because of this!

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Like u said, easy to get around. The things that actually take up a lot of space like graphics are stored on the sdcard, its not a mega issue. Having said that i will be rooting soon, which means you CAN use the sdcard to store apps ;)

7. wals1h

wals1h Member

i was install apps randomly when i first got my desire. and before i knew it not enough space so i decided to start from scratch i reset to store setting then noticed i had 130 mb so i started selecting the best apps and installed them they hardly tuck up no space so i thought how did the same apps i had on take up so much room. but then i uninstalled an application and noticed it didnt give me my full space back i tested again with a few other applications and noticed some give me my whole storage it used back while others still took up the space so how come? its like its not uninstalling the full app leaving traces of the program on my disk so waisting space is ther anyway i can delete or find the left over crap. or an app for uninstalling better as i think this is were all the space is going any advice?????