• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

11/22/10 update 2.2.1 FRG83D BUG list:

rpena76

Lurker
Nov 23, 2010
Morning everyone, as im sure everyone that started recieving the updates these past days we all get excited thinking its the Gingerbread arriving to our phones. Last night i recieved 2 updates and messed up some of my application. It would be nice to see who else is having issues with these last update. So far i have noticed issues with SWYPE, it no longer swypes and i have uninstalled and reinstalled. Handcent works sometimes. I keep getting force close on the app market and some of the other application some times freeze. is anyone else noticing any other issues?:thinking:

This FRG83D update SUCKS! I lost root & it erased every app that I had that neees root. <snip>

It should by now be common knowledge that allowing ANY OTA update from VZW will ALWAYS break root if we have rooted our A855 (or other) phones.

But dhoelcher have you tried to re-root your phone yet? I am curious to see if it can be done, mainly via MotoCache1's method posted (originally) at droidforums.net. Or even better if you can re-root viz z4root available free in the market.

good luck

Upvote 0
Hey...I did get it to root, again with zroot, by moving the app off of the sdcard & onto the phone. But busybox now won't install. I deleted all the root stuff, this phone is a slow ass crashing piece of junk now, can barely do email. That g-bread push better get here soon...r I'll be going back one step & try to block D till g-bread is rdy!

Upvote 0
this frg83d update sucks! I lost root & it erased every app that i had that neees root. All my apps are slower, freeze up unexpectedly, & i have seen no benefits to the update. Maybe they simply wanted to plug the hole that allows easy rooting? Google nexus one, that now sucks!
i am rooted with cyanogen6.1.0rc4-dr0id frg22d droid version2.2.1 and everything runs greatno issues try it

Upvote 0
Help please...Everything was fine with my N1 before downloading FRG83D. I'm not sure if both of two parts successfully downloaded. In Settings, the build number says it's FRG83D. Some apps, games (don't save in progress games), a pop up message says "Doubletwist has stopped unexpectedly" and I must "Force Close" while I never opened the app. When I get emails, the phone plays some generic song to notify me there is email waiting. It will continue to play until I acknowledge the new email. It is not a notification ringtone I selected. Some apps I had to pay for so I don't want to delete and purchase again unless I have to. My phone contacts remained intact, but Favorites and the call log was wiped clean. Weird thing is it asked me to set up email again even though it was working. I don't believe my phone is "rooted" as I obtained my phone as part of a free promotional deal and not through a carrier, nor through Google. My carrier is ATT. Till this latest download my phone has been trouble free and great in my opinion.

None of these are fatal errors, but are annoying. Is there a way to revert back to the previous build number (whatever that was)? If so, how? If I can, I'll probably be prompted of the FRG83 download and hopefully a second time it will be clean. And in the state my phone is now, should it affect the soon to be coming Gingerbread version? Any suggestions? Thanks for your assistance.

Upvote 0
I was glad when I first got the update, because whatever version I had was starting to really slow down/needing to force close apps, especially texting. After the update finished I noticed a few things.
-anyone I had texted since my last inbox clearance had their names deleted. I had to re-enter 20 something people's names
-any picture I've taken since shows up in that thumbnail on the camera app itself but is not showing up in my gallery as being saved to the phone or SD (I haven't tried looking at them on my computer, but I know I have at least 2GB of free space on it, so it's not a lack of memory)
-many times when I open a text on my list to respond, one from much farther down my list opens (I would have to scroll to have accidentally opened it) and same for making phone calls.

I saw that 2.3 is out, but I went to update to the newest version and it said I was completely up-to-date.... any fixes in sight yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones