11 apps and low memory warnings.. surely not?!Support

Last Updated:

1. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have had my desire a few days and installed about 11 apps and some widgets.

I am getting repeated warnings about low memory even after uninstalling google earth - I have 14.23mb of available internal memory. Should that happen?

My contacts storage shows up as 84.93mb - im guessing after syncing with facebook. Can someone tell me what 'clear data' of Contacts Storage' will do? will it delete contacts? Clear Cache is unavailable. I have removed and added the HTC facebook app several times and resynced after having my calendar swamped by facebook birthdays i did not want. I now have worked out how to stop that but was kind of hoping i could keep the contacts synced. Is it possible contacts storage is so high due to repeated syncing?

I dont really want to have to root my phone in order to install apps tp SD card - i was under the impression 2.2 let me do that anyway, but from all the 11 apps i have only 1 has let me do so.

Is it expecting too much to be able to install more than 11 apps? I got the phone with the expectation of having many many more apps than that to be honest and am beginning to think ive made a mistake?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

That's the highest contact storage I've seen.

Yes clear data will remove all contacts.

11 apps is a low amount. Should be able to install more but space is limited. Root is the best option but there is something you can look at in the tips and tricks sub forum about installing apps to SD without root

scrattyrat likes this.
  3. scrattyrat

scrattyrat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Danfrance,
    i cleared out the contacts and resynced my google contacts and the contacts storage went down to a reasonable amount. Im going to look into what you said about non-rooting move to SD.

I re-added Facebook for HTC and 'unchecked' sync contacts, but it still pulled in all the facebook contacts and the storage went up.

I dont really want all my facebook contacts showing in the phone as there are too many, but i would like to link the contacts i have in my phone to any that match facebook ones as its cool to have the facebook pictures and statuses showing instead of the 'anonymous' head. But i think as i have all my contacts only on google account rather than 'phone' this might not be possible

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Scatty, Google contact sync shouldn't be an issue. One of the points of having Android is so that it'll sync with all of you info in your gmail account. Not sure if you did this: open facebook -> click menu-> settings-> sync contacts-> check off sync with existing contracts.Hope that helps :)Roze