Last Updated:

1. bigwigbaz

bigwigbaz Member This Topic's Starter

One of the problems I have found; it is not possible to set the phone up as UK english, so when composing a sms, the

Advertisement
  2. kingvortex

kingvortex Well-Known Member

Try using the HTC IME Mod keyboard. I got it for this specific reason, as you only have to long press 'F' and you get a popup with the

3. oldnick

oldnick Well-Known Member

Thanks for that - I didn't know about the 'long press F' Nice! Any other tips like that? Cheers

4. kingvortex

I haven't played around too much with it, but I have setup custom domains for the '.com' button you get when entering addresses in a browser. I have .com, .co.uk and some other frequently used domains popup on a long press of the button.
    The setting for that is in Settings->Language & Keyboard->HTC_IME Mod->User Interface->Custom Domains
    Most of the things you can alter to your own preference are in User Interface. Have a look ;) Just remember that you have to kill the keyboard to apply most of them. That option is at the bottom of the HTC_IME Mod section.

5. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

Or on the standard keyboard hit [12#] then hit [1/2] the

6. matthew1471

matthew1471 Member

7. kingvortex

8. FelixofMars

Regularly in the UK, which I am in and have only needed it once thus far. I actually tried the mod out of interest of maybe using the voice and I can't get it to work. So I probably would have wasted more time trying to figure out why it wont work that using the standard keyboard.

9. kingvortex

Then perhaps you don't use it for business purposes as I do and have to regularly input prices/quotes in GB Pounds into emails/texts. If you're happy having a $ on your keyboard which is easily accessible and the currency you actually use in your country hidden 2 menus down, that's OK. Don't use the modded keyboard. The OP obviously wasn't happy with that and I provided a solution. I see no need to enter into an argument over whether or not the mod is required :rolleyes:.
    As for the voice input not working, try installing the Voice Search apk, as a 5 second Google would have told you :D

10. FelixofMars

Today has not been the best day so I apologise, but I am sure I tried this mod before and got the voice search.apk. The thing is that it doesn't even appear to be running. I see no difference between this and the current keyboard. I assume I didn't have to install the clicker.apk as I have sense working but I am using a different launcher so maybe. But the same version appears installed already.

11. kingvortex

Apology accepted :)
    There are a few differences from the stock keyboard, which I and others do find useful. Easy access to the

12. fast eddy

fast eddy Active Member

How do I get the

13. zoidy84

zoidy84 Well-Known Member

try the Swype beta keyboard if you prefer, that is its own key (i think-that or long press) on the SYM page!

14. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Have you long clicked a text field and selected it as the input method?

Would be perfect if you could change the order of $,