• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

12/18/11: Amazon accepting orders again!

Just an fyi....this is a direct quote from j&r via email in response to my request regarding availability and shop time of my preorder. Just thought you'd like to know in case this is for the holidays...

"We are sorry, but we do not expect to have these available for shipping until after the holidays."

Upvote 0
I'm so pathetic. I have an Amazon order which says Jan 18th, and a bestbuy.com order that says Dec 18th. I check for status updates on them 2-3 times/day hoping the amazon one get's bumped up to december, and making sure the bestbuy one doesn't get moved back. I'd rather have the amazon one cuz there's no sales tax, prime overnight shipping for 4 dollars, and I actually signed up for the 64gb thinking I stood a better chance of them having that in stock. Looks like I might end up with the 32gb version from bestbuy.

Upvote 0
I'm so pathetic. I have an Amazon order which says Jan 18th, and a bestbuy.com order that says Dec 18th. I check for status updates on them 2-3 times/day hoping the amazon one get's bumped up to december, and making sure the bestbuy one doesn't get moved back. I'd rather have the amazon one cuz there's no sales tax, prime overnight shipping for 4 dollars, and I actually signed up for the 64gb thinking I stood a better chance of them having that in stock. Looks like I might end up with the 32gb version from bestbuy.

similar for me..

but if the BB comes first, I will open it and use it and if the Amazon one looks to be coming BEFORE BB's return policy is over, I will take the Amazon one and return it to BB :) If I get the Amazon one first, I will just cancel the BB one. If I get the BB first and the Amazon looks to be coming after BB's return policy is past - which I do not think it will so this is worst case scenario - I will keep the BB one and just suck on that damn CA sales tax and cancel the Amazon one.

It is all about timing and overlap for me.

Upvote 0
The thing that sucks about the J&R pre-orders is that you don't even get a projected date. Order status just tells you that it's been "submitted" and calling the reps just gets a vague delivery time of after the holidays, as others have mentioned.

Hey, i was wondering about your transformer prime order from jr.com . Mine still shows ASU TF201B1GY for the 64 GB grey. When i called them, they assured me that TF201B1GY is still the 64 GB grey version for me. What does your order show for the 64 GB grey version after they "updated" it. I don't want to get the wrong item after new years....

Upvote 0
Like others have said, I really dont trust what Amazon CR's say right now. Back in early December I talked to one who said that I was part of the first batch that would go out. My status has not changed for several weeks. It just shows arriving by January 11th. When I read today that some were getting emails from other stores that they are "processing" or "sending" their primes, I thought I would Chat with one of the Amazon online reps. Well that just went bad and don't really know what to believe. She said sorry that all Primes had been sold and they didn't know when they would get any more. I asked her then if that was the case, why did some (back several weeks ago) get emails stating that they wouldn't be able to fill their orders, and that I didn't get that email. I never got any notice that they couldn't fulfill my order.
So basically I am saying I don't believe anything Amazon is saying and I guess I will just have to "wait it out" unless I can find it somewhere else.

I am really suprised at Amazon this time. I have been shopping with them for years and never seen them be like this. Their lack of informaton has keep people frustrated with what is going on.

Upvote 0
I woke up to my first Amazon email updating me on the product

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon
Estimated arrival date: December 22, 2011 - December 29, 2011

that is a hell of a range... 7 days... but hey, it is ON!

(I am not a Amazon Prime member so no fast shipping for me)

So seems Asus might have been honest when they said "shipping the WEEK OF the 19th"

The Transformer Prime page is still offline though oddly. So this just must be for PO people.

Upvote 0
Lock-N-Load,

Thanks for the info. I ordered on Nov 22nd, champagne also. Mine has always said Jan 11 and still does.

Maybe mine will change before long.

Same for me, rsmin. Ordered 32gb champagne on the 22nd. My ship date after about a week changed to estimated arrival of January 5th. Just checked and it still says that. If I see no change on Monday, I'm probably going to be calling and checking.

Upvote 0
Same for me, rsmin. Ordered 32gb champagne on the 22nd. My ship date after about a week changed to estimated arrival of January 5th. Just checked and it still says that. If I see no change on Monday, I'm probably going to be calling and checking.

JackG058,

I hope you can get more out of them than I did. When I heard that Lock-N-Load had gotten the shipping notice I got on the online chat with Amazon and all I kept getting out of them was that it was "out of stock" and didn't know when they would get anymore. Sounded like a "stock" answer. I kept trying to tell them that I ordered this on Nov 22 as a pre-order and that I had called around the first of this month when they were cancelling other orders and they assured me that mine was going to be in the first shipment. They just didn't seem to grasp that and I gave up. I then responded to their request on Saturday for "feedback" on my Friday night chat. Well, I just couldn't resist. I then proceeded to explain my frustration with that Friday night chat. I know that Amazon really can't help what Asus would do as far as shipping to them. I know they have a ton of problems with customers and different suppliers. My problem is really that the customer service agents don't get the information that they really need to let the customer know what is going on. In the 4 conversations that I have had with them since this all started I have had 4 different answers. Again, I don't blame Amazon for what Asus is doing and I don't know if there is a good answer for Amazon. With all the products they sell with all the issues with suppliers, weather, logistics, and the Christmas season pressure, I dont know if there is a good answer.

I am not worried about getting this before Christmas, I can wait, and I know others maybe can't because they are getting these as gifts which puts pressure on them to either wait on this or get another tablet. For whatever reason this has happened with the Prime's release the fluid ever changing status is what frustrates people because they really don't know what is going on. Also, with Amazon putting the Prime on their site and taking it down numerous times has also lead to frustration. (BTW, the 64gb Champagne is back up on the site again today) Not sure how long that will last and why only one.

Sorry for the long post and I will say this. After putting that feedback in Saturday I was asked if I would like to get a call from Amazon about my feedback (probably set an automatic trigger somewhere for the call) which I said yes. Within a few minutes I got a call from a customer service rep and I explained in length the frustration as I somewhat mentioned on this post. She was very understanding and actually did say that she wanted to see if she could get more information for me. She also said that their system just shows this "out of stock" and that is why i am just getting that answer. I told her of some starting to get shipped from Amazon and other sites and she said that she would watch this next week and if she could get me anymore info that she would email or call me or both. I appreciated her extended effort for it went past their "we are out of stock, can I help you with any other question"....

So, I said all that to say, I hope you can get a little more than I did but I am coming to the belief that we may not know anything till we get the notice like Lock-N-Load that our prime is shipping with a tracking number.

Rusty

Upvote 0
Rusty:

I decided to contact Amazon last night. I was concerned about my order because I noticed that if I check it via a web browser, it properly shows that I ordered it on the 22nd of November. However, I just noticed last night that if I use the Amazon app for Android, my order date shows the 23rd. I was assured by two different reps (chat rep and then chat rep had me called back) that my order is good, and that the estimated delivery date of January 5th means that I will have it by then. So basically I was told the same as you were. I might also mention I'm a Prime member, and I have overnight service for the tablet, so that doesn't seem to make any difference for the receipt of the tablet.

P.S. - patience isn't one of my virtues. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones