• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wolvie66

Nov 11, 2010
Question,
DO you think Note 2 will fade out of sight on Verizon network when Note 3 hits shelves.
Reason I am asking my 14 days are coming up quick on note 2 and I love this phone, but really don't want to find out that note 2 will be forgotten by Verizon after a few months after Note 3 comes out. You think I should take it back and wait for Note 3?

Thanks

I still think the Note II is a great phone, but no matter what phone you choose, after 6 months it will most likely be obsolete. Since the Note III will be out soon, that will have to be a call you make. As for me I still love my Note II and it is rooted so I can pretty much customize it to my like, so I really don't care if the carrier keeps it updated, because the devs do. Hope that helps. ;)

Upvote 0
Yes I know it will be my own fault if something happens to my phone. But I would love to know where I can get step by step instruction of how to. I found some on the web but all it did was load up my computer with adware etc. So if somebody can send me in the right direction that would be a great help.

Thanks
Wolvie

Upvote 0
Yes I know it will be my own fault if something happens to my phone. But I would love to know where I can get step by step instruction of how to. I found some on the web but all it did was load up my computer with adware etc. So if somebody can send me in the right direction that would be a great help.

Thanks
Wolvie

Wolvie, if you use Tapatalk the all things root section is on top. ;)
henypy4u.jpg

Upvote 0
Here you go some good info here and make sure you do much reading before you start, and always make sure you create a Nandroid backup before you flash anything new.

Sticky: (Verizon) Galaxy Note 2: All Things Root Guide

Here is more info at XDA

[GUIDE][VZW Edition]How to Root/Rom/Return to Stock the VZW Galaxy Note II!
[ 1 2 3 ... Last ]

Verizon Galaxy Note II Android Development

I will be remiss if I don't warn you below

*I am not liable for what you do to your DEVICE!!

*I take no credit for links posted in this thread... This is just a guide or more so a collaboration of different guides all put into one thread!!

*This Guide will not trip your flash counter!! Flashing any custom software via odin will infact trip the flash counter!! Thats why I use these methods and the only thing I use odin is for flashing STOCK firmware Only!!!

DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OTA UPDATES EVER!! REMEMBER THIS DEVICE SHIPPED LOCKED...OUR TALENTED DEVS UNLOCKED THIS DEVICE, SO ONLY RELY ON THEM FOR UPDATES. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN A PERMA LOCKED BOOTLOADER!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones